University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Presentation for an hour followed by discussion with the PI and lab members for the whole day. Subject related questions mostly, then followed by culture fit for the particular lab you are interviewing for

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for selecting this particular field?   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Helpful and Friendly Panel Interview. One-on-one interview thereafter. The process went smoothly because the atmosphere allows you to be free and open with discussions, your paradigm, and your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to be a day-to-day operations manager, or a strategic planner.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process - took less than a month. I applied online but I had a friend talk up my resume to HR. The interview itself was with a host of program directors. Later on, I found it odd that I never had a chance to chat with my colleague with the same title who had been there for years in the role.

Interview Questions

• What are your associations with unions and collective bargaining.   1 Answer

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. One phone and one on-site.
    Phone interview mainly asks questions based on the resume and some behavior questions.
    The on-site one is more high-level. Most of the questions focus on the real work experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

It was decent. There were three people interviewing me.
    They asked me to introduce myself, asked me about items on my resume.
    They had a sheet of questions to ask me and they took turns to ask me the questions.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences, why do you want this position, etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 interviewers who asked standard questions they had prewritten, very basic HR, very uncreative. left the interview feeling less excited by the lack of innovation in the interview, and felt the interviewers were robotic.

They said they'd get back to me in a week, but I had to wait a month to get any feedback after trying to contact the lead recruiter every week. I ended up being very unimpressed with the process, and felt glad I didn't move forward with a company that doesn't respect the interview process. It's clear they are unorganized and don't care about entry level employees. They can blame it on process (as a government entity) but it felt very unprofessional. I've experienced much better interviews many other places, and it's clear their process needs work.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? how do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done as a video self-interview - record yourself answering questions. Next is a panel interview with 6 other people for an hour. There is a coordinator that is a primary contact and sits in the interview panel. Overall it was a well-coordinated process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience, what was done, how it was done, and technical questions. Questions such as tell us about your experience in financial systems, software, tell us a time when something didn't turn out as expected, mistakes encountered and so forth.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter through the UC Berkeley jobs website. The first time I tried to submit the application, it didn't go through. I knew it didn't go through b/c I got a confirmation e-mail that said "We got your application for the following position..." and then the rest of the e-mail body was blank. The second time I submitted my application, I submitted it successfully. I got an e-mail the next week asking for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a bit about yourself and why you applied for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me where you see yourself, career wise, in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your experience working with various sensors?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to troubleshoot a sensor you installed?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First is a small code question: Create a dictionary of every word in a text file and then create a matrix based on the text file. After 2 weeks, have an interview with professor on skype. Asks about my background and the projects I did. Also, the weekly work load. Get offer after a week.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Went through a 30 minutes phone interview. The interviewer was friendly, she asked some questions about my work experience,and what I knew about the job scope and the study involved.

The general job scope was posted online but not the specifics about the study, it was useful to read up on previously published journals to ease this process. The bulk of the interview involved me predominately asking her about specifics about the study and what it entails.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your background. What are your previous experience in research and coordination.   Answer Question