University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 mins phone screening with HR, followed by a 1.5 hour panel interview on site. HR was very difficult to communicate with during this process, did not follow up very well and were not easy to reach. The interview itself went fine, although I had been informed if they'd asked me back for a second interview, it would have been another 1.5 hours with a different panel. To me, this seems like a large waste of the interviewee's time, the first interview could be a bit shorter, down to the normal 1 hr time, and then anyone who was going further along could come back for a longer, second interview.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have for how to measure successful project outcomes?   Answer Question

Admissions Reader Haas School of Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with someone currently doing the job. Then I went into the office to be interviewed by the position manager. We discussed my background, the position and the school, then discussed some approaches to doing the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the culture of Haas? How would you identify candidates who would best fit the culture?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

The interview process was simple, but it took them a while to get back to me. I submitted an application two months before they reached out to me for an interview. There was a panel of interviewers who asked to see your resume and asked basic interview questions. Questions included your hours availability, strengths and weaknesses, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What past experience did you have that made you qualified for the job?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

as a full time student in uc berkeley, I have taken this class already. Since I got a good grade in the class in previous semester, I am qualified to apply for the grader job for the same class. Hence there is not a required interview process.

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked via email to provide 2-3 writing samples, then invited in to speak in person with the communications director and the assistant director. We talked for about an hour, and a few days later I returned for an hour-long group interview with a couple of additional communications staff members as well as an academic researcher/director.

Interview Questions

• What specific subject areas I had experience writing about. What audiences I had the most experience writing for; how I'd feel about writing for a different set of audiences.   1 Answer

Statistical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The professor will ask you whether you have certain experience of statistics. If you have then you can be as consultant It is a very good experience I like it so much

Interview Questions

• Have you learned regression before   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is great

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

First applied through the website, then talked to the student lead of the team. He showed me around before asking me some interview questions. Most were standard (strengths, weaknesses, etc) and a few practical questions that were fairly simple (since the job claimed no experience was necessary).

Interview Questions

• Given some specifications of a software, point out how specs were unclear and how they could be improved   Answer Question

Crowdfunding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. It lasted about 30 minutes and I was asked questions about my work history and education. The second interview was over the phone with their crowdfunding consultant. He was very knowledgable and asked a lot of great challenging questions.

The 3nd and final interview was a panel interview with 4 people from the department. They have a list of 9 questions. In the spirit of fairness, they told me that they could not veer from the provided questions.

While I didn't get offered the position, it was a very positive experience. The folks at Berkeley were very accommodating throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position in early November. Received a request for a phone interview via email the week before Christmas. Had 30 minute phone screen with hiring manager and was asked if I was available later that day or the following Monday. Was told that I would hear from her either way before the end of the day. Did not hear anything. Followed up via email thanking hiring manager for the opportunity, etc. Holidays come and go, and I receive an auto-generated email stating that I am no longer being considered for the position.

So the doozy is that I am an alumnus of this program and the hiring manager treated me disrespectfully. Of course I am disappointed that I did not move on but I expect that I once I have talked to the hiring manager that I would receive a personalized email saying that I am no longer being considered.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a couple of the recruiters and then an in person panel interview. I felt like a couple of them were rather unfriendly and actually quite condescending which surprised me because they had seemed nice over the phone. I did not get offered the position but I'm actually not sure I would have accepted if they had. I was excited to get this interview but they did not make it feel or sound like a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a recruiter gave you a list of interviews to schedule by tomorrow with no dates or details.   Answer Question