University of California Berkeley Literacy Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Literacy Tutor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Literacy Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was hosted in a UC Berkeley Meeting Room at the Martin Luther King Student Union building. It was a group panel as well as a group interview. There were approximately 3 to 4 interviewers and 4 to 5 interviewees. They asked typical questions regarding how one would interact in a setting with real students under different scenarios. One part of the interview also consisted of splitting into two groups to formulate and stimulate a pretend "class presentation" on how to eat healthy and discuss our reasons why our presentation would be effective or persuasive to primary or secondary school students.

Overall, the interview was more casual than business with a focus on how you handle classroom scenarios and your communication skills with younger people. If you have past experiences with young students in the past, I would highly recommend incorporating that into any part of the interview as it really does give the interviewee the advantage over others in the group.

Interview Questions

• When a conflict comes up in class, what would be your first approach at handling the situation?   1 Answer