University of California Berkeley Resident Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Resident Assistant Interview Questions

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

There are two rounds for the interview process. There are single interviews where you speak to RDs and current RAs, and then there are group interviews where RAs and RDs observe how you interact with other potential individuals for the position. It is not a matter of who talks the most, or who listens the most, it is completely arbitrary and up to the RD observing. One female RD that I observed alongside, was extremely sexist. Every male potential that interviewed received 0-1, whereas every female potential received 4-5 (out of 5). She solely stated that the males deserved such low scores because they were exercising their male authority. I was completely dumbfounded, but in my position I can't really talk back to the RD anyway.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, just be weary of body language, tone, courtesy, "airtime", and other nonverbal characteristics during the group interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for University of California Berkeley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

You have a single interview with 3-4 different rotating panels and then you have a group interview. I believe they all happen in the same day. The panels for the single interview usually include a current RA and a Resident Director.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Easy. Just be calm and talk about your experiences in the residence halls

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No you were not.