University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

You come in sit talk with manager and his assistant. It was kind of off putting the questions but not something you couldn't answer immediately. Its interesting I didn't really feel good about the job as they require a lot of Grad Students and they want a 2 year commitment. Which I find strange like you can't get any experience in other firms just work for them all year long its that good of a deal.

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Helpful and Friendly Panel Interview. One-on-one interview thereafter. The process went smoothly because the atmosphere allows you to be free and open with discussions, your paradigm, and your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to be a day-to-day operations manager, or a strategic planner.   1 Answer

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. One phone and one on-site.
    Phone interview mainly asks questions based on the resume and some behavior questions.
    The on-site one is more high-level. Most of the questions focus on the real work experience.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 interviewers who asked standard questions they had prewritten, very basic HR, very uncreative. left the interview feeling less excited by the lack of innovation in the interview, and felt the interviewers were robotic.

They said they'd get back to me in a week, but I had to wait a month to get any feedback after trying to contact the lead recruiter every week. I ended up being very unimpressed with the process, and felt glad I didn't move forward with a company that doesn't respect the interview process. It's clear they are unorganized and don't care about entry level employees. They can blame it on process (as a government entity) but it felt very unprofessional. I've experienced much better interviews many other places, and it's clear their process needs work.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? how do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done as a video self-interview - record yourself answering questions. Next is a panel interview with 6 other people for an hour. There is a coordinator that is a primary contact and sits in the interview panel. Overall it was a well-coordinated process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience, what was done, how it was done, and technical questions. Questions such as tell us about your experience in financial systems, software, tell us a time when something didn't turn out as expected, mistakes encountered and so forth.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter through the UC Berkeley jobs website. The first time I tried to submit the application, it didn't go through. I knew it didn't go through b/c I got a confirmation e-mail that said "We got your application for the following position..." and then the rest of the e-mail body was blank. The second time I submitted my application, I submitted it successfully. I got an e-mail the next week asking for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a bit about yourself and why you applied for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me where you see yourself, career wise, in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your experience working with various sensors?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to troubleshoot a sensor you installed?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First is a small code question: Create a dictionary of every word in a text file and then create a matrix based on the text file. After 2 weeks, have an interview with professor on skype. Asks about my background and the projects I did. Also, the weekly work load. Get offer after a week.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 mins phone screening with HR, followed by a 1.5 hour panel interview on site. HR was very difficult to communicate with during this process, did not follow up very well and were not easy to reach. The interview itself went fine, although I had been informed if they'd asked me back for a second interview, it would have been another 1.5 hours with a different panel. To me, this seems like a large waste of the interviewee's time, the first interview could be a bit shorter, down to the normal 1 hr time, and then anyone who was going further along could come back for a longer, second interview.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have for how to measure successful project outcomes?   Answer Question

Admissions Reader Haas School of Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with someone currently doing the job. Then I went into the office to be interviewed by the position manager. We discussed my background, the position and the school, then discussed some approaches to doing the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the culture of Haas? How would you identify candidates who would best fit the culture?   Answer Question

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked via email to provide 2-3 writing samples, then invited in to speak in person with the communications director and the assistant director. We talked for about an hour, and a few days later I returned for an hour-long group interview with a couple of additional communications staff members as well as an academic researcher/director.

Interview Questions

• What specific subject areas I had experience writing about. What audiences I had the most experience writing for; how I'd feel about writing for a different set of audiences.   1 Answer