University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Apply online and submit your resume and transcripts as well as TOEFL and GRE. No interview process. The application deadline is very early, and you must be aware of that. You'd better find some recommendation letters from a famous scientist or professors since that will be very helpful. There are number of fellowship opportunities in UCB.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online through Cal website, phone screen and then a couple of in person meetings. Took 2 months. Applied online through Cal website, phone screen and then a couple of in person meetings. Took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• questions about your experience, articles and performance   Answer Question

Graduate Student Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Wasn't really required to interview but many people have to answer basic knowledge to demonstrate that they can explain ideas. It was way less pressure that I had expected.

Post Doctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy but this is dependent on the lab that you join. I went into the lab, met with the PI and presented on my previous work and how it related to the ongoing work in the lab. I discussed potential projects I would be in charge of and the PI felt this would be a good fit.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

Submitted resume and filled out online application. Also needed three references and GRE scores. On site I had the opportunity to ask questions of Professors and they got to know more about my qualifications.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a quick phone call involving a brief screening. This was regarding a student job, however, so normally I think they interview in-person, one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

We only had to submit an application. So there is no interview. There is the recruiting visit, which is the best part about the whole experience. You get to meet with current graduate students as well as the professors.

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.
    Also. they have a four round interview system, which makes the process super competitive.
    I am asked with questions such as describing your strengths and weakness.
    Most questions are really behavioral.
    Not many tough questions are asked.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is with a panel of 3 to 4 people. They are very organized with a list of questions that they ask. The position required some PHP experience and a coder was present to determine my coding skills by providing some code and explaining what was missing in the code.

Interview Questions

• The example of code was missing quite a bit of characters and no real answer was given when asked what the purpose of the code was.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I was already working for the department when the project I managed came up. My boss had me in mind to run the project so it was probably the easiest hiring and interview process I've ever had. I was asked if I wanted the job, I thought about it for a few days, and decided to accept the offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation.