University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Statistical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The professor will ask you whether you have certain experience of statistics. If you have then you can be as consultant It is a very good experience I like it so much

Interview Questions

• Have you learned regression before   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is great

Crowdfunding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. It lasted about 30 minutes and I was asked questions about my work history and education. The second interview was over the phone with their crowdfunding consultant. He was very knowledgable and asked a lot of great challenging questions.

The 3nd and final interview was a panel interview with 4 people from the department. They have a list of 9 questions. In the spirit of fairness, they told me that they could not veer from the provided questions.

While I didn't get offered the position, it was a very positive experience. The folks at Berkeley were very accommodating throughout the process.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There were four interviewers who asked about 3 questions each. Total interview lasted about 1 hour, including time for me to ask a few questions at the end. The overall interview was pleasant and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience in all the areas specifically listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview-- brief and pleasant
    Questionnaire--long and arduous
    Panel interview, up to 5 people.
    The HR team only wants to do one interview-- so very typical questions. However, one would expect that after an interview, some type of notification would be sent to the applicants that were interviewed. 3 weeks and no word. A failing process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a project did not go as planned. What did you learn what would you do differently.
      Describe a difficult employee relations issue you had to deal with   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview with two interviewers. It was pretty chilling experience since the interviewers are really nice and welcoming. I applied it online through college program for this position. A week later, I received an email saying they would like to have me for phone interview. The phone interview only took about 10 minutes. Three hours after my phone interview, I received a phone call that they want me to have an interview with me in person.

Interview Questions

• 1.Describe the time when you have to face stressful situation and how you handle it?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

months. Applied online through Cal website, phone screen and then a couple of in person meetings. Took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - experience, pubs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low balled on salary

Student Veteran Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with the Supervisor was smooth and usually the final approval. They asked a lot of questions regarding your interests and soft skills. Additionally, they ask why you want to work in this position and why you are passionate about the position. The interview process gave me an idea of how the work schedule and interaction I will have with students will be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work and assist this particular student community?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Got invited for an interview after an informal inquiry for a position. The administrative assistant arrange travels and accommodation. She received me on the they of the interview and confirmend the interview procedure. I gave a presentation on previous work and proposed project / Q&A. Panel interview with 3 group members, followed by 1-1 with PI, followed by lab tour.

Research Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in-person interview with a panel of 4. Panel interview was about 15 questions and lasted less than an hour. Questions are very easy if familiar with functions listed on job description. No specific technical or policy questions were asked. Received an offer three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a faculty member that they cannot use a specific award for an expense that would be disallowed under contract terms?   Answer Question

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, then two interviews with my department. The interviews were quite long, with lots of questions involving "tell me about a time when....". However, they were very accommodating, as I was interviewing from far away and they allowed me to do all of my interviews over skype.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you developed a new method of doing something in the office   1 Answer