University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.5

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mail Room Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through e-mail by the supervisor in order to set up an in-person interview, conducted at I-House. Pretty informal interview, they just wanted to get to know my personality, previous experience with customer service and whether or not I could handle the mail room when it got busy. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be able to handle the mail room during move-in seasons or holidays?   Answer Question

Student Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

One phone interview in which the recruiter asks a short series of questions that put you in the situation of negotiating a donation from a stubborn alumnus, dealing with rejection, or building rapport with a Cal alumnus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

ECON C175 Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy process, just got an email 2 months before the start of the semester. the faculty told me that I had a good standing in GPA and the coursework. I replied with some basic information regarding my next semester and working experience as a tutor. Got an offer a week after and signed it.

Interview Questions

• Q. how much time commitment would you be able to make during the semester?
      Q. what other classes or activities are you participating in?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I found the listing on the UC Berkeley website- the application form was easy to complete, and I was able to submit a resume and cover letter. I heard back within the week to schedule an interview, and passed directly to an in-person interview with the hiring committee.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Fundraising?   1 Answer

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

the interview is easy.. don't even have to dress up.. they basically call you in to discuss what you're doing at Berkeley and what you plan to do afterward.. it's more about getting to know you rather than assessing your skills for the job

Metrics and Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewers really focuses on the role's required specific skills. They asked intelligent questions and were focused on what you can bring for the group.

The interview started on time and was roughly about an hour. 4 people interviewed me and each one asked questions in relation to what group they represented.

Interview Questions

• When asked to provide specific examples, hard to choose which scenario would best represent the question at hand.   Answer Question

Security Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple, however, they expect very serious answers out of you. The questions are very behavioral and they expect someone who can protect the inclusive atmosphere of the residential halls. A very open minded, positive, gun-ho "RA" attitude is what they they are looking for.

Student Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The job was to work at the Cal Athletics Department. Role was to sell the sporting tickets like football, baseball, basketball and more. Internview wasn't that bad. All students who applied can get an interview. It takes only 1 round and you need to perform. The most important thing is able to sell yourself since it's a sales job. Able to convince whoever you're talking to. It's all group interviews 2, 3 or 4 people interview with 2 high level employers at the sales office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What experience do you have for sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiation since it's a student paid position.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with the research advisory in a one on one interview at a conference as well as several group members. We discussed research ideas and lab culture. I attended all of the group member's presentations and contributed feedback when I could. The following day, I visited the lab and discussed their research in more detail.

Interview Questions

• I provided a summary of past Heracles experiences, and we discussed approaches we might take to tackle the project I would be working on   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I first emailed the researcher asking about this job. The other day I went to the researcher's office and talk to him. After 2 days, I got an email saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• do you know how to use stata?   1 Answer