University of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Was called without warning for a phone screening interview by the supervisor for this position. We had a brief conversation with two questions, then I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. Second interview was fairly standard, though I was warned towards the end that working with the Executive Director can be very frustrating and difficult at times. I was then asked to schedule a final interview (with pre-interview Administrative test). At the final interview, I took the admin test first and was asked to leave when I missed 2-3 errors on a proofreading test with 40 or so errors total. The Executive Director would not meet with me, though I was previously told this test was a formality. A candidate with twice the experience requested was turned away because of a few missed errors on a proofreading test. Overall, an exceptionally callous and short-sighted way to treat prospective employees. My brief glimpse of the organization tells me this is likely quite a difficult and tedious environment in which to work.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle various problematic scenarios around event management.   Answer Question

Accountant Affiliate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California (Riverside, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First interview was a panel, 4 individuals, one manager, lead from our department, a general accounting representative and an individual from Human Resourses in December of 2015. The second interview was conducted because our returning supervisor came back so a second interview was conducted to include the second candidate for the position. Another set of interview was conducted for several other candidates, I did suspect that my former supervisor upon her return was given specific instructions as to what candidate should be picked for the position in line with the requirements needed to fulfill the requirements of the new open position.

Interview Questions

• It was a structured question and something related to inter personal relations with your co-worker or supervisor.   1 Answer

SRAIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy, brief, and straight to the point. Talked about what was on my CV and moved on to any interests or facts about myself that the CV cannot answer. Very basic and generic and I really don't have any more words to keep filling this out

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was not be taken seriously. Management panel rescheduled my interview date and time three times after they had already completed their final selection process. I am still trying to understand the point to the process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and professional. The interview consisted of two on site interviews. The first interview was with the Hiring Manager and another Business Analyst. It consisted of standard Business Analysis questions about requirement gathering, documentation and task prioritization. Was presented with various scenarios, technical as well as professional, to solve. The second interview was with the department's Sr. Director. Standard HR interview with questions ranging from "Why is this a good position for you?" to "What will you bring to this position?". I was also required to provide with some work samples as well as TWO professional references.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach to a situation for with you require some feedback and you do not have your Manager to guide you?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewers are nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very well organized. Interview set up by phone with a detailed email - interview committee, location and interview format. Pleasant experience. I was taken aback at the number of empty cubicles and storage rooms. Still ramping up from a reorganization. Did not hear back after interview although followup was offered after the interview. Difficult to say what the office is like. Work culture I believe is - do more work with less - less resources and less time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in charge and the outcome was not as expected.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with someone in human resources. I did well and they called me the next day and asked if I could interview in person within a day or two. As I lived in the opposite end of the state, it was a stretch for me to be able to do that. I wanted the job, however, so I purchased a plane ticket and took a day off work to interview in person.

The second interview consisted of a group interview with six managers and department personnel. They each took turns asking questions and were all very friendly. I felt I was in sync with what they wanted and they exemplified what I was looking for in a work culture. Lastly, I did a skills test which included internet research and composing mock emails to professors and students. I felt very confident that I had researched the information correctly and composed professional emails.

Despite having purchased a plane ticket, hotel, and car rental (yes, they were aware of this), I never heard back from anyone. I sent follow-up emails, a voicemail, and was ignored.

Interview Questions

• A mother of a student calls you and is frantic that her son has lost his wallet while studying abroad. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • If you were a type of cheese, what type of cheese would you be and why?   Answer Question