University of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.7

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was short. About 15-20 minutes long. They ask you common sense questions and some personality type questions. They usually take very extraverted people so as long as you are a people-person and can speak well, you're good to go. If you apply for cashier, they'll quickly and randomly throw you one small arithmetic question.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California (Davis, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Overly complicated, yet informal. Seems to be up to individual departments, not standardized. You may reach out directly to principle investigators/faculty members and express your interest in their lab.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked to contribute to developing ideas for and writing a grant proposal that would cover my salary. This will obviously be dependent on your area of expertise, and you should research the lab ahead of time and be prepared to contribute to their specific projects.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of California (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Having two rounds of interview and stressful. A postdoc position does not need to be that stressful. hh hh hh hh h h h h hhh h h

Interview Questions

• what have you done in your Phd?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

SASC Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California.

Interview

You have to prepare a session on any topic or you can choose from given topics. You are in a room with three other applicants and the person holding the session. Then, you teach about any topic for a few minutes, as if you were tutoring someone. They tell you a little "how-to" beforehand. As long as you are interactive and remember their tips, it should be easy.

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California.

Interview

Some interviews were interested in my skills others were interested in my personality. Overall they seemed very focused on advancing my career as well as finding a good fit for their research team.

SRAIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy, brief, and straight to the point. Talked about what was on my CV and moved on to any interests or facts about myself that the CV cannot answer. Very basic and generic and I really don't have any more words to keep filling this out

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview, 2 on 1 interview, and an application essay. Interview process was mostly about demonstrating your ability to work in a group (your teamwork dynamic) and determining your social ability (ability to empathize/emotional intelligence).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - student worker contract position for 1 academic year.

Cooperative Extension Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California (Hanford, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

4 steps in 4 hours (8 a.m. - noon). 1) 20 minute presentation about a program I would develop to address a need in the community 2) Formal interview 3) Tour of Facility and Meet County Directors 4) 30 minute timed writing assignment

Interview Questions

• What is sustainable agriculture?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Was called without warning for a phone screening interview by the supervisor for this position. We had a brief conversation with two questions, then I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. Second interview was fairly standard, though I was warned towards the end that working with the Executive Director can be very frustrating and difficult at times. I was then asked to schedule a final interview (with pre-interview Administrative test). At the final interview, I took the admin test first and was asked to leave when I missed 2-3 errors on a proofreading test with 40 or so errors total. The Executive Director would not meet with me, though I was previously told this test was a formality. A candidate with twice the experience requested was turned away because of a few missed errors on a proofreading test. Overall, an exceptionally callous and short-sighted way to treat prospective employees. My brief glimpse of the organization tells me this is likely quite a difficult and tedious environment in which to work.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle various problematic scenarios around event management.   Answer Question

CRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

call and then in person, interviewed by three physicians, very polite and professional, asked about the work experience related to job , asked about the ways to conduct the position

Interview Questions

• how to manage the certain condition, how to avoid stress in work,....., expectations at the position,   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.