University of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Interview

Department was very communicative, faculty were great to speak with, students were very helpful in sharing information about the department and courses. Students were also very responsive by email. Department was very fast in making the decision and letting you know. Visit days are well-organized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do basic scientific research and why Berkeley?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was not be taken seriously. Management panel rescheduled my interview date and time three times after they had already completed their final selection process. I am still trying to understand the point to the process.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Awkward, the colleagues seemed tense as if they didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Events Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Interview questions weren't tricky at all. The interviewers were friendly so I advise you just relax and answer the questions as best as you can. Keep it professional of course.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a group member or teammate?

Can you lift 30 lbs?
      Answer Question

CRC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

call and then in person, interviewed by three physicians, very polite and professional, asked about the work experience related to job , asked about the ways to conduct the position

Interview Questions

• how to manage the certain condition, how to avoid stress in work,....., expectations at the position,   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and professional. The interview consisted of two on site interviews. The first interview was with the Hiring Manager and another Business Analyst. It consisted of standard Business Analysis questions about requirement gathering, documentation and task prioritization. Was presented with various scenarios, technical as well as professional, to solve. The second interview was with the department's Sr. Director. Standard HR interview with questions ranging from "Why is this a good position for you?" to "What will you bring to this position?". I was also required to provide with some work samples as well as TWO professional references.

Interview Questions

• What would be your approach to a situation for with you require some feedback and you do not have your Manager to guide you?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewers are nice.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

They went through a series of questions.

pay

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Oakland, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very well organized. Interview set up by phone with a detailed email - interview committee, location and interview format. Pleasant experience. I was taken aback at the number of empty cubicles and storage rooms. Still ramping up from a reorganization. Did not hear back after interview although followup was offered after the interview. Difficult to say what the office is like. Work culture I believe is - do more work with less - less resources and less time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in charge and the outcome was not as expected.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California.

Interview

This was an internal transition. I recall that when I was moving to my new department, there seemed to be an overall anti-new-department sentiment amongst the colleagues I was leaving behind. In fact, one of my colleagues who was due to transition with me pulled out at the last minute. The then-director and his immediate managers were judged to be nepotistic, and people felt that they threw employees under the bus in order to boost their own image within the organization.

Interview Questions

• How will you compensate for your lack of knowledge and experience in this field?   Answer Question