University of Central Arkansas Interview Questions in Conway, AR | Glassdoor

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved a skype interview and on-campus visit. The skype interview was a few weeks after the application. About 2 weeks after the skype interview, they contacted me to let me know that they wanted to bring me to campus for an interview. The on-campus involved meeting with the key administrators in the college, HR, departmental faculty, and a presentation. The interview went well and at the end of the interview, they told me that they'd be making their decision and had very confident hopes of making an offer within the next two weeks. About a week later, they let me know that HR was requiring them to bring in another candidate for administrative purposes. I was continually assured I'd be getting an offer. After 4 weeks of waiting, I finally said that I needed to know. They told me that they'd offered to another candidate earlier in the week. The mixed messages were incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle teaching 3 preps in one semester?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

Very low-key. I got the position through a former employee of UCA who sent my resume to the hiring department head. We corresponded over email and eventually had a face-to-face meeting, where we chatted and discussed the goals of the course and the department.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience teaching college students, experience with the language I was teaching, textbooks, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, I met with the head of the MBA's and he wanted to gauge my character more than anything else. Behavior questions were asked and small talk to see f I was a good fit for the work environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in October 2011.

Interview

The HR Dept on campus found me this position. The HR Director set up interview with the Advancement VP. It wasn't anything too detailed pretty simple and it worked out well. After the interview I received a call within 3 days or so offering the position to me.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel there were any difficult or unexpected questions asked. The questions that were asked were regarding my previous work experience and how those experiences would help things run better at this office.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically accepted the same yearly salary that I was making with my previous position on campus.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in May 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with mix of faculty and staff. Pleasant and welcoming. Took about an hour and a half. Interview was half questions and half tour of the building and meeting some of the graduate students and other faculty.

Interview Questions

• How woul you deal with crying students and helicopter parents?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was told that I could receive yearly merit raises but the university has had a freeze on those since I have been employed there.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in September 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume and job application documents in late June. I finally received a call from the department in mid September. I set up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by the department director and the secretary at the same time in the director's office. They described the various tasks I would have and asked if I would be able to handle all of it. They then asked about different areas of leadership and about my past work experiences. They also asked about my expertise with computer hardware and software. Overall, it was a decent interview. It was relaxed and not too formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience where you had to lead or show a degree of leadership. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to interview for about 4 hours meeting with the managers of various departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your counseling philosophy?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The offer was made and was not altered.