University of Central Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Central Florida Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Central Florida

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview

There were three interviewers in a conference room styled office. Many of the questions were very straight forward. First they asked the basics, such as why do you want this job, etc. Then they ask questions regarding the position, if you've had any customer service positions in the past, how you deal with customers, and so on. Lastly they ask fun questions to get to know you, like if you were a Disney character which would you be. They also give you a situation question where you have to answer what you would have done.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with two administrative directors with the college. They asked the typical interview questions, followed by customer service scenarios. The customer service scenarios are the most significant part of the interview, while they are also judging your people skills and ability to work well with others.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you have a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I did not really have any experience or expectations going into the interview. I was just friendly and optimistic for the opportunity. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with two other advisors in the room.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview with UCF was mainly over the phone. I was referred to the job by a colleague who previously worked there, but left his job position for another opportunity. Manager mainly asked me if I had any previous experience handling money.

Interview Questions

• Have any experience handling/ exchanging money?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Florida in July 2018.

Interview

Initial interview went smooth and the two people in the phone interview were really nice and great listeners. I asked three questions and I was really impressed with the answers. It was limited to only 30 minutes by phone, two senior administration were in the other side of the line. I was contacted by email, by the director of the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received call from HR recruiter about 3 months later. Afterwards, I had to continue to call HR recruiter regarding next steps. She then put me thru to phone interview with executive and then an in person interview with same person one week later. Didn't care for the fact that you have to list current and previous salaries on application and they are not transparent about job salary even when directly asked. Also, when I did get an answer, I was told my starting salary would be based on my current salary. This is not in the same field - is that even legal? I didn't feel that I had a real opportunity as the website and office was not diverse and doesn't seem like they want to change this. Too bad because I would have been an amazing team member.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was with head of department and HR representative. We met in the department head's office. There was some initial conversation before the interview started. The HR representative had a list of questions and my resume form information filled out. It was reviewed a few times throughout the interview. She tool notes of answers, almost comparing to the formal process selection sheet.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy, typical interview questions. The normal questions they always ask like strengths or weaknesses. They pretty much went through a list on a paper and take down notes on your response. It went quick and smooth. The interview was held in an office, it was dress professionally. The hiring manager is college students that are also attending classes so it wasn't to strict.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews are typically gotten through employee referrals. You then send an email to the supervisor, schedule a time/day, and have your one-on-one. Typically, you will receive an offer right on the spot.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

In person interview with Department Director and 4 other co-workers. The interview was about 40 minutes long and consisted primarily of questions concerning my skill set and information on my resume. After the interview it took about a week to receive an email with an offer and began work a week after that. Overall the interview experience was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate due to the job initially starting as an internship