University of Central Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Central Florida Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.6

REU Interview

Interview

Brief telephone call, mostly a check mark next to your name. Just wanted to make sure that you were good to come and start working, the application itself is what is really important

Senior Library Technical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview

Applied on UCF website. Had a phone interview with 3 people from the department. Had a physical interview with 3 people from the department. Was told that HR would contact me and that they generally take a long time

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be on time with a deadline with a few errors or being late with no errors?
      Lots of behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview

Contacted for interview via email within a week of applying. Panel interview style. Questions were basic and straight forward. Very minimal amount of questions asked, and didn't seem like interested in me as a candidate in general. When came to ask questions of my interviewers, didn't seem too enthusiastic about answering. Told I would get a response in a few weeks since the HR department takes time. Did not receive a response what soever and it's been 3+ months. Only found out on the UCF website that I did not get the position. This is the third position with UCF I've applied for in which the HR department did not respond telling me the outcome of the interview.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application. They acknowledged receipt by email. Two months later I was contacted to set up a phone interview. It seemed to go well. I was told they would be back in touch with me within a few months regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Who on the faculty I could you see myself collaborating with.   Answer Question

Student Financial Assistance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on August 25th and received contact for an interview in mid-October. The interview took place at the financial aid office with an assistant director and coordinator. Considering the reputable institution I know UCF to be, the interview was incredibly tense and uncomfortable. My answers were cut off in mid sentence, my interviewer did not seem engaged and appeared distracted. I arrived 30 minutes early, but it seemed as if I caused some sort of inconvenience by being present. I know employees at UCF who are happy and satisfied and I'm only responsible for my point of view, however, I was incredibly surprised by my negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle individuals who are not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months to hear from them. The interview was pretty straight forward, and very relaxed. It was a two step process that required two separate interviews. Both were smooth interviews.

Patient Coordinator Health Clinic Interview

Interview

Applied and got an email response the same day. Set up an interview for that week. The interviewer took me to the building across the clinic and was interview by 3 people. The background check took about a week and did not hear back from them so I called to check up on my status. Did not get the job. Said that they hired someone else but will keep me in their database. All of the interviewers were very nice. Be prepared to answer some odd questions that might catch you off guard.

Interview Questions

• What do your friends not like about you?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep patient information confidential?   Answer Question
    • What disney princess are you like and why?   Answer Question
    • Pretend you work for a Sub Sandwich shop and I am an angry customer that wants a burger, but the sub shop doesn't sell burgers. Show us how you would handle it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work on Saturday? Are you willing to be trained like it's another class?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations for rate of pay?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handled an angry customer / patient from previous positions.
      Give detailed examples and don't give a general answer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to handle a situation without a manager.   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Central Florida.

Interview

Process takes at least 8 weeks.Went through 2 rounds of interviews. Application process was very long to complete but once its done its saved in your profile. I applied to 3 different jobs before I actually got a job.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Florida in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back after about a week and a half, had short interview via Skype and if they liked you, you interviewed in person and went through the very long (they said 1-2 months) HR process before actually being hired.

Interview Questions

• My philosophy on the area I was interviewing for and an a situational question.   Answer Question

Sustainability Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone skype interview with director and 2 HR personnel, both males. I was contacted by the department HR to arrange a skype interview. I was told a bit about the position after their introductions. I begun to introduce myself, and thank them for their time. I sensed that they felt in not necessary, however, they did not know me from Adam and introductions are normal business etiquette. So, I lost the decision-maker then.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview standard questions. Several times the question ask had been answered from a previous questions. I felt they wanted me to beg for the job.   1 Answer