University of Central Florida Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

2.5

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months to hear from them. The interview was pretty straight forward, and very relaxed. It was a two step process that required two separate interviews. Both were smooth interviews.

Sustainability Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone skype interview with director and 2 HR personnel, both males. I was contacted by the department HR to arrange a skype interview. I was told a bit about the position after their introductions. I begun to introduce myself, and thank them for their time. I sensed that they felt in not necessary, however, they did not know me from Adam and introductions are normal business etiquette. So, I lost the decision-maker then.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview standard questions. Several times the question ask had been answered from a previous questions. I felt they wanted me to beg for the job.   1 Answer

Instructor In Philosophy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Directed by a rather domineering old professor who showed opinions rather bigoted regarding foreigners, and barely asked anything academically relevant, so one felt that her mind was already made and one was there to fill the required number of candidates to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Only one member of the committee asked whether I would be interested in being part of an international academic project regarding Philosophy and Medical Ethics and World Health of which she was part. Unfortunately she was obviously shunned away by the domineering chair.   1 Answer

Computer Aided Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Asked on previous projects and knowledge pertaining to mechanical engineering. I was asked about my current business and why the product I was working on was not functional and how I could make it functional

Interview Questions

• When you built the hybrid rocket, was it N2O or NO2   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews are typically gotten through employee referrals. You then send an email to the supervisor, schedule a time/day, and have your one-on-one. Typically, you will receive an offer right on the spot.

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online, it took about 10 days to get a call back. Once interview was set up. Interview process was easy, the staff was very nice, professional, and were interested in your experience and if it was a fit for their organization. I waited about 2 or 3 weeks and heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain 1 problem you had and how did you solve it. (in life or work)   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Got called in for an in-person interview about a week after applying. Interview was straight forward and was offered the position that same day. Interview consisted of a panel of interviewers and asked mainly behavioral questions trying to gauge how you would react in situations.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was with head of department and HR representative. We met in the department head's office. There was some initial conversation before the interview started. The HR representative had a list of questions and my resume form information filled out. It was reviewed a few times throughout the interview. She tool notes of answers, almost comparing to the formal process selection sheet.

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

Interview

A small panel of employees asked me various questions regarding my qualifications and why I thought I would be a good fit for the job. I just answered how I honestly felt about everything and I was offered a position within a day or two. The interview was in no way painful or uncomfortable and the personnel who interviewed me are people that I now work with. I am glad that they got to make the decision. This way, they should feel comfortable about whoever gets hired for positions such as mine.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student noticed you were also at a local restaurant/bar and offered to buy you a drink?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

In person interview with Department Director and 4 other co-workers. The interview was about 40 minutes long and consisted primarily of questions concerning my skill set and information on my resume. After the interview it took about a week to receive an email with an offer and began work a week after that. Overall the interview experience was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate due to the job initially starting as an internship