University of Central Oklahoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK).

Interview

It was an efficient process. Standard higher education application form filled out online. You select the job posting and apply with your standing application form. The interview went well. I shared my expertise in the field

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK).

Interview

I applied online. The online form provides a place to upload required documents -- resume, references, transcript, and cover letter. I applied roughly three weeks before I got a call back. Interview was a panel of three people who asked a standard series of questions and answers about the job, availability, expectations, and salary. It lasted roughly 30 minutes. One week later, I got a call about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma in August 2015.

Interview

Long wait between job closing and call for interview.
    Completed BERKE shortly after applying but prior to any request to interview.
    Two rounds. Both rounds were panel style. First round focused on drilling down for the skills required for the job description. Second round focused on situations (STAR) and decision making.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a supervisor who is managing an employee with high absenteeism and tardiness?   Answer Question

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very professional. They asked specifically about concept knowledge and also about specific technical knowledge. No coding part of interview. Made job hours clear although at the time responsibilities were not very clear. Though this position is specifically created to familiarize students with development it became obvious in the interview that they do not work closely with the computer science department about curriculum or relevant technology.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the Banner system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was an internship

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

They would ask customer service based questions and how well do I handle specific situations dealing with people and the public. While it was engaging, there were some hard hitting questions that had me impressed to see if I can handle extreme situations...If it would have to come down to it.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, but still formal. It was one of the most pleasant interviews I've had to date. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts on related subjects instead of just throwing question after question at me. It was more of a conversation than an interview, which I felt helped them learn more about me and why I would be good for the position rather than them learning how well I can answer questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Interview

apply online, get contacted by director of the center. go through an interview process just answering questions about yourself. your backlground and discussion of what your experience is. how you can benefit the community and idiscussion of if you are able to tutor students in lower level courses

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic, slightly unorganized. I was called several weeks after applying, they asked me to come and interview the next day. I went in and was asked the basic questions about why I wanted the job, why they should hire me, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I dealt with a disagreement with a superior and with someone close to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

I was on a group interview with a panel and they asked me 10 questions. There were 3 of them and each asked me one question and then another asked me a question in order. Then I got a phone call to speak to a Vice President one-on-one but they were not trying to prevent me from getting the job. They seemed to want to get to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• They were all questions I had heard on other interviews while applying for the same job. I recommend going on other interviews for the position you are applying in other companies before you do one for UCO. Mine was simple and straight-forward, but that will SURELY vary on the position you are applying. All of the questions were fair, somewhat easy, and useful for them to pick the proper candidate.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Central Oklahoma (Edmond, OK) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of people (panel) I would be working for. The interview was quite in depth for the position I was interviewing for. I was quite surprised, considering I was only applying for an administrative assistant positon. However, as I've come to understand, the reason for that is we all work together on so many things. It was important for this to be a unanimous decision.

Interview Questions

• What experience/knowledge did I have of databases? I wasn't sure what angle they might be coming from. That is a wide open question. How would I deal with an angry student?   Answer Question