University of Chicago Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Brief first interview followed by several interviews with various team members. They expressed interest and I was repeatedly told I would receive an update shortly. Then silence. No response to email inquiries, nothing. The job remains posted as open.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First there was a brief phone call. Later that week i was invited to an interview. A lot of questions, but fairly easy. After I got to meet everyone in the lab.

Research Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the PI and was then invited down to the UChicago campus to do an in person interview and meet with other members of the lab. The phone interview consisted of very general questions pertaining to my background and the in-person interview just followed up on (or repeated) these questions. The in-person interview also discussed my experience and style of work in the laboratory and was with the PI, the current research specialist, and all others who worked in the lab (lab manager, post doc, and a lab tech). The environment/atmosphere was relaxed overall but also professional.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you in the laboratory?   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had some people within the department to refer me. I was interviewed by the person who currently held the position, the manager, and the head of the office. They quizzed me about my previous research experience and administrative and management skills. They also asked me fairly standard questions about how I resolve issues with my co-workers and how I work independently and as a part of a team.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy, but I was offered the lower end of the salary range discussed over the phone, before I came to the university. They paid for the trip, food, etc. It was treated as an opportunity, but considering that it is a technologist position and I have a graduate degree, "opportunity" is somewhat of a long shot.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was rather long, I met with 4 people in one day. I later found out that, they were in dire need to fill the position quickly! Everyone was pretty warm and friendly, with the exception of the person hiring for the position...go figure.

Interview Questions

• Why choose University of Chicago?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a Senior Director role in Chicago. The process was fair and comprehensive. The team there knew what they were doing and I felt like they kept me in the loop the whole way through. One phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. There were a few hoops to jump through, but you expect that with a big organization like this.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style.   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it is a long process but once you receive a call back things will progress. If you are a chosen candidate it will depend on the deans office when and if the hiring manager can hire you and provide a start date.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The Process took about 3 weeks, and I had a total of 3 interviews. It was between myself and another candidate, and they chose the other candidate because they had a more direct experience. Fair process.

Interview Questions

• There are 9 balls out of which one ball is heavy in weight and rest are of the same weight. In how many occurrences will you find the heavy ball?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had to give a lecture to senior lecturers and some undergraduate students. Followed by chat with dean when he went over my CV and asked about my skills and past teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain this particular concept with a real word example?   Answer Question