University of Chicago Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Assistant Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interviews were about an hour long- one with the HR recruiter and a second with the manager of the unit. The second interview went well, I thought, but I was told later that there were many internal applicants they had to consider first.

Interview Questions

• What quality improvement programs have you helped create/implement?
      Describe a time you had conflict with a peer and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Met with HR though the addresses they provide are completely off , I managed to find where I was supposed to be. The HR department is very nice and helpful. There was some disorder due to construction but otherwise it was a painless process. They validate your parking which is very nice, you can valet or use the parking lot and they still validate for you .

Pre-Analytical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very nice interview process, very simple and easy. My interview lasted about 20 minutes and she offered me a choice between two positions. They took me to lunch and we had a discussion once I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you ? what makes you different from others that have applied?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quite relaxed, pretty conversational. Went into details in the resume. Some behavioral questions. One on one interview talking about the experiences in-depth. The recruiter would go into details as you describe your experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 7-8 people in department. This seemed so unnecessary for the low pay. I got the feeling that they were looking for someone whose a college grad to stay in the position forever.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Began with a short interview with the HR department followed by an in person interview with the nurse manager. Heard back within a few days in regards to employment. Overall a positive and great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time in which you experienced conflict either with a patient or other coworker.   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle stress and can you give an example of a stressful situation throughout your nursing career.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you are experiencing difficulty with other staff members.   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital in September 2015.

Interview

Took about two weeks for the Department I was interviewing with to email me after my application. I met with a manager and a director, who were super professional but hard to read which made the interview uncomfortable. They asked great questions but I caught them (both) laughing at my answers about my past experiences. I can't control the rules of other hospitals. I was very discouraged by this interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations ?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The initial interview was with the manager of the department. Subsequently, there were separate interviews with sub-groups within the department. The entire process was pretty open-ended, but managed to complete in about 4 hours. The interview included a minimal tour, and extensive description of the work environment and company culture. Questions were a mixture of technical knowledge and assessment of ability to "think on your feet", as well as assessment of "fit". The interview never felt particularly pressured, but the process and questions were thorough and rigorous even so. I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What was the most memorable technical problem you've ever faced?   Answer Question

Position In Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. A few phone calls and one half day of interviews for a mid-level leadership position. They were super nice and responsive until after the interviews and then- boom nothing for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you didn't listen to someone.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. This was very basic and easy to proceed to the next step. Then in person. This was a one-on-one interview with a manager within the Supply Chain department. Then group.