University of Chicago Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Chicago Hospital

2.6

Assistant Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interviews were about an hour long- one with the HR recruiter and a second with the manager of the unit. The second interview went well, I thought, but I was told later that there were many internal applicants they had to consider first.

Interview Questions

• What quality improvement programs have you helped create/implement?
      Describe a time you had conflict with a peer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Met with HR though the addresses they provide are completely off , I managed to find where I was supposed to be. The HR department is very nice and helpful. There was some disorder due to construction but otherwise it was a painless process. They validate your parking which is very nice, you can valet or use the parking lot and they still validate for you .

Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Selected from HR to take coding test. They look for a passing rate over 80%. i heard back wthin a week, and was set up to interview with spervisor and manager. The questions were your average interview questions, and quite easy. I had received another offer already, so was not really interested in the position.

Interview Questions

Had accepted another offer already.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Be yourself, if you're in school be sure to share, be open and express your love for learning about different cultures. Be honest in answering questions, educate yourself on the hospitals beliefs and emphasize on teamwork, which is huge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial fax in application (2001) now online. recieved call for face to face interview, waited 2.5 weeks while keeping in contact with department manager via leaving messages ever so often approx every three days. Also went to trade association meeting and met employees of dept.-networking opportunity.Dept. was impressed with membership to trade orginization.

Interview Questions

• what was your most difficult situation at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 7-8 people in department. This seemed so unnecessary for the low pay. I got the feeling that they were looking for someone whose a college grad to stay in the position forever.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There were no in person interviews. One initial phone interview with a lower level employee. If you passed the first interview, you interviewed over the phone with a director.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. This was very basic and easy to proceed to the next step. Then in person. This was a one-on-one interview with a manager within the Supply Chain department. Then group.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Began with a short interview with the HR department followed by an in person interview with the nurse manager. Heard back within a few days in regards to employment. Overall a positive and great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time in which you experienced conflict either with a patient or other coworker.   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle stress and can you give an example of a stressful situation throughout your nursing career.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you are experiencing difficulty with other staff members.   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Chicago Hospital (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Did not contact until 23 days later after the filed out the application was submitted for an interview. Interviewed by HR first on one day for 1 hour. Then a peer interview with staff that lasted on a second day for 30 minutes. A third interview with Management that lasted 45 minutes on another day. We toured the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Why here?
      Open to work in the ABG lab?
      Open to work on the weekends?
      Open to work during nites   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The offer was the Nite shift salary plus $2.75 and hour for nite shift.