University of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Chicago

2.7

Sort:

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Chicago in July 2011.

Interview

three parts, written, oral and meet the supervisors and wait for a call back. after a few days went by and i did not receive a call back . shortly there after a received an e-mail saying that i was not the right fit for them

Interview Questions

• what did i think patient confidentiality was and how did apply to me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

My process had 2 steps including a phone interview and an in person interview before an offer was made. I met with 4 people in my in-person interview including the person who would become my manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected really. All classic interview questions about most challenging moments, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation and I ended up accepting a lower salary than I would have liked due to my interest in the position.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

initial phone interview, then two rounds of in-person interviews which were both 3.5-4 hours long. About a week after my second in - person interview, I received a call from the University asking me to provide references that would be contacted. They were contacted, and shortly after they were i received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, but I was happy with the offer regardless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Keep this in mind before applying to roles in ARD: UChicago has a policy that in order for an employee to be promoted, they must post that higher title position online. This means you're often applying for a job that may not actually be available, but UChicago has to interview three candidates EVEN IF this is a role set aside for someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty standard questions, but if this job is set aside as an internal promotion, it doesn't matter how well you answer these questions. I would try to find out if an internal candidate is being considered or if this is a truly open role before wasting time in a four-hour long interview going nowhere.   Answer Question

Janitorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

In was on time, filled out the application, turned it in an waited to get called back for the interview. The lady that interviewed me was professional an pleasant to talk to. She asked me questions about what position I was looking for an that there many positions open. Then she asked me a little something about my background work history, which then I elaborated and let her know what position I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to me?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago in November 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with the University of Chicago three times and was ghosted by them twice. I took off an entire day to speak with a cast of 1000's, I sat in traffic for 45 minutes, and I had to pay for 8 hours of parking. The least you can do is respond to my emails and tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Write of code and a graph explaining one of your past projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago in January 2013.

Interview

A long process because of how slow the company takes to get back to you. If you get the interview just be personable. Once they have chosen you for the interview, it's yours to lose.

Interview Questions

• Can you sit for 80% of your day?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Remote Interview, simple very straight forward. Two people interviewed me, both 45 minute sessions. They asked basic questions and it came very natural for me to answer them because of history of being a CRA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What kind of training did you receive as a CRA? Need some important items in the 1572. What is an ICF? What do you know about our company?? Why are you interested in being a CRA?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a brief phone interview than asked to come in the following week for an in-person interview with other coordinators and the PI. It seemed like it went really well and they told me they'd be setting up another interview with a PI who was out of town for my in-person interview. I didn''t hear anything after that. I had emailed them a couple days after the interview inquiring about when the phone interview would be and they never responded.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago in March 2013.

Interview

I began the process on-line. This was the easy portion during the interview process. You can check where you are in the process on-line. Interviews were set up and I was brought back multiple times to meet different levels of Leaders. A campus tour was added at the end. Interviews were not intense but the frequency of them led me to believe that they were indecisive. Some interviewers were late or did not show for the interviews which was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. HR gives every interviewer the same questions to pull from so you are asked the same questions over and over again. I picked up during the interviews that there were some people issues as well as lack of process issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is available, but be careful to get everything in writing.