University of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Chicago Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Chicago

2.7

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

ask about previous experience. test skills and knowledge in the discipline I was supposed to teach. went to interview with 3 faculties. I then asked them about the whole job and the interaction with students, what was required and what was expected.

Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - 3 rounds of interview with operations, exec director and supervisor. However, once after the interviews, it took 3 months for them to make me an offer. Not sure if it's standard at Chicago but it was a fairly long, drawn out process for them to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your level of expertise? How do you rate yourself when it comes to relationship management? How do you work with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Public Seminar, 1-hour Chalk Talk, One-on-one meetings, Two dinners. The process was transparent and largely fun, if a bit high stress. My advice is to talk about science all the time. Come up with questions for each faculty member you will meeting ahead of time and be prepared to hash them out in person. If you don't understand a different faculty member's work that is outside of your area, do not attempt to talk to him or her about it but instead focus on your own research.

Interview Questions

• Chalk talk was about presenting three future grant proposals. Focus on the scientific questions that underlie the theme of the grant and be prepared to be eagerly interrupted.   1 Answer

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview which was moreso a screening. From there I was invited to a 3.5 hour in person interview that included a panel and meeting with the heads of the department and one of the main doctors I would be working with. Speaking with them all really made me feel comfortable. I really wanted this job.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you have intimated to help advance the company that you currently work for.   Answer Question

Interview

I talked to the PI about wanting to conduct research as an undergraduate. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about me joining his lab and introduced me to the postdoc that I would be working with. She was the one who asked me most of the interview questions, which were mostly just to get a sense of my research experience

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

I had a few Facetime interviews, since I lived out of state at the time. I spoke with graduate students and the professor whose lab it was. It was overall a pretty easy interview experience.

Registered Nurse, BSN- Cancer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

Very unorganized interview. Interviewed in an empty patient’s room, not in a conference room. Questions felt like they were thought of on the spot, not prepared ahead of time. A lot of discouraging and negative info. about the position was divulged.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to answer phones at the front desk, schedule the appointments for five or 6 surgeons, phone triage patients, set up and assist with some procedures.among a few other things and work 10-12 hour days 5 days a week.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

Phone call with background questions, emphasis on details and comprehension of past work and it’s value, and then situational questions. 3-4 more interviews, 2-3 with the manager and physicians, each individually. Another, final, interview in group setting. Expect 5-10 people at this interview.

Communication and Campus Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screening with my potential direct report. Then, I had to create a sample media report which took hours to complete plus a 500-word event description for an hour-long lecture. After I submitted these materials, I was invited to meet one of the directors of the department and the assistant director. Two weeks post-interview, I called the assistant director and asked for an update. She told me to just wait for their decision. However, that decision never came. I never even got a rejection letter and after putting so much time into the interview process, I thought this was very unprofessional. Would not recommend at least this department at UChicago.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

interviews with current RAs, manager and PIs, discussed experiences and qualifications, interests after job, work environment and current projects as well as potential involvement for new hires. very low-stress, mostly just talking about the project and what I could contribute