University of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy, but I was offered the lower end of the salary range discussed over the phone, before I came to the university. They paid for the trip, food, etc. It was treated as an opportunity, but considering that it is a technologist position and I have a graduate degree, "opportunity" is somewhat of a long shot.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was rather long, I met with 4 people in one day. I later found out that, they were in dire need to fill the position quickly! Everyone was pretty warm and friendly, with the exception of the person hiring for the position...go figure.

Interview Questions

• Why choose University of Chicago?   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it is a long process but once you receive a call back things will progress. If you are a chosen candidate it will depend on the deans office when and if the hiring manager can hire you and provide a start date.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had to give a lecture to senior lecturers and some undergraduate students. Followed by chat with dean when he went over my CV and asked about my skills and past teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain this particular concept with a real word example?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent out emails to professors/post-docs at Booth and eventually one emailed back. It was very casual, just asking what my background was, why I wanted to do it, etc. I asked him questions about his work, what being a research assistant entails, etc.

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR took a long time from phone interview to in person interview. People were very friendly though and straightforward. Phone interview was standard, they asked questions and explained the role to me. In person interview consisted of both HR and a PA.

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

There was ultimately one 30 minute interview in which I sat in the main manager's office and she went over resume along with basic behavioral questions. There was then a 2 week training process where you shadowed another building manager in all of their shifts until they decided you were ready.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

First three runs are nice. Talked to some nice people.
    The last run with the director, or so-called "primary investor" was terrible.
    We met on Skype. I was all suit and tie, and he was eating noodles! He didn't really care about what I said either. The meeting should be 1 hours, but it only last 7 minutes, and he did not give me time to ask any questions.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago.

Interview

Interviewed with 10 people and never received a response back. Terrible. Manager was from India and it was very difficult to understand her. She would go to India for months and 'work remotely.'

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email request for phone interview two weeks after applying. After easy, friendly 15 minute phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in person interview with the same panel of three people. I was informed by one of my references that they had been contacted, but I hadn't heard anything from the department itself in a week. I emailed in for a status update and was informed they had gone with someone more qualified. Overall, a decent experience, but checking references was very misleading.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what "attention to detail" means to you.   Answer Question