University of Cincinnati Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.5

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, the first was over the phone, then skype and in person for the last. The department really made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I did not feel nervous or silly, as we often do during interviews

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the University of Cincinnati?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

easy and friendly for the most part. met with multiple people 1:1. good coordination and arrangements. hospitality was good. after first visit, was invited for a second visit too, and had a phone conversation at some point too.
    as usual, first interview is more about me, and second interview is what I need to know about them ( they already like me, so now I can feel free to ask more detailed questions)

Interview Questions

• why I have chosen Univ of Cincinnati   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick, the questions were related to previous experiences as GA, previous research and articles, how can you help the professor in his research. How are you different from the other candidates

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

E-mail schedule a time. One on one interview. Questions are all situation related. Give you a situation that you may have during the tutoring session, what will you do? Last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What if a student answer a question that you do not know the answer?   Answer Question
    • You explained a question to the student several times, and he still says "I don't know", what will you do?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I was interviewed by the project manager and was asked some basic questions about SQL. The whole process took 2 weeks. We had normal conversation like what kind of work I am going to do.

Interview Questions

• 1. Could you explain in which scenario you use cursors?   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The process involved a call for a salary verification, a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was not difficult, but it was a panel interview. Everyone was warm and pleasant. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with diversity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Title IX Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

I applied online. I did a Skype interview. Their end didn't work. I couldn't see them. I was invited for a campus interview. I had to prepare a presentation. I attended a day long interview. While at the interview I received an email informing me that they would be starting "the referencing process this week." They didn't. The last interview was with the SVP of Diversity who told me Diversity was her priority. Let's just say I looked a bit.... Irish. During that interview there wasn't a single question I couldn't answer and correctly. When I mentioned to her that the Committee was to be checking references, she stammered over her words and told me she'd be talking to the chair.

I checked in several times. Each time I reminded them of the "referencing process this week." The first time the response was they would be in touch soon. I learned the position had been reposted. The second time the response was no final decision was made. Today I received an email saying the SVP failed the search.

They still haven't reimbursed my money.

What a mess of an organization. They deserve the lawsuits they are getting.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a organized process with interviews with two people. They went through all the services offered and gave a brief of their role. They also mentioned the expectations from the student and targets.

Interview Questions

• An instance where I had to maintain the privacy of information   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and got a call for face to face interview at the campus. I was interviewed by two people, my direct supervisor and Director of the team. It lasted almost 30 mins, very simple questions including my previous work experience and skills. I was also asked about my background with data handling. Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself and what sort of work experience you have?   Answer Question

Senior Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone interview about two weeks later. A few days after the phone interview, I got a call for an on campus interview, which was scheduled a week later. The in-person interview was with the advising staff, other college staff, and the Dean and lasted about three hours. The questions themselves were pretty basic questions about advising. They also gave you a Microsoft Excel test. The thing that stuck out to me the most was the corporate feel of office and staff. I didn't feel like I was interviewing at a university. The staff had zero personality and when asked what they liked best about their job, nobody knew how to answer the question. They were all friendly enough, I suppose, but I knew right away that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult advising experience you have encountered.   Answer Question