University of Cincinnati Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Cincinnati Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati in May 2010.

Interview

You are given a interview mainly by an employee recommending you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The boss was straight and to the point.

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

E-mail schedule a time. One on one interview. Questions are all situation related. Give you a situation that you may have during the tutoring session, what will you do? Last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What if a student answer a question that you do not know the answer?   Answer Question
    • You explained a question to the student several times, and he still says "I don't know", what will you do?   Answer Question

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

The process was confusing and time consuming. There were a number of people involved who seemed to have no idea what they were doing. The primary interviewer did not know as much about the position as she should have.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

My hiring and interview process experience was great for the current position. However, I do feel there is a large gap between the interviews.
    I was also one out of two top candidates for another position at UC, in which the interviews were set up with four different people over a course of six months and the fifth interview was still pending when I accepted the Research Coordinator position instead.
    However, for both positions, the interviewers were very friendly and I enjoyed interviewing with them.
    For the current position, I had three interviews. The first was a phone screen, second by the Professor hiring me and third by another Professor in the department. The third interview was very detailed and more intense than the three ones, asking a variety of questions about personal and professional life and also, asking what I would do in different case scenarios. Overall it was a good interview to judge how well suited I was for the position. My future goals were also considered.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question I was asked was what was the biggest mistake I think I made in my personal life, and I was also asked the same for my professional life.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was short-lived. I did not get the salary I was hoping for, but I accepted the position as it was a bridge to my future goals. The salary was in between what I asked and what was offered to me.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a very quick phone interview. A faculty member called me and asked me to introduce myself based on my resume. Asked my teaching experience and some research questions, although they did not require it at all. Also asked me some behavior questions, and there was no surprise. The job offer was made the next week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati in April 2013.

Interview

They see the applications and scheduled a Skype interview. There were two interviewers: one is the assistant head of the department and the other is another professor. They tell you what the job assignment is and a little detail of how things work.

Interview Questions

• Q: How did you get into your field of study?
      Q: What do you like about it?
      Q: What do others say about you?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

She talked about the position, and she had me take a test in regards to accounting and Excel. She toured the office as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

Submitted resume and applied via the jobsatuc.com online portal. After about two to three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring committee. After making it past that phase I was invited to an on-campus interview that lasted about half a day. I had three 1:1 interviews w/ the Director, AVP, and a Director from another unit I would be working with, and a group panel interview. They provided lunch and parking validation as well as detailed directions to/from campus.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel? (this was a basic requirement of the position)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some minor additional benefits worth roughly $1000/yr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Came through the career development class, which helped prep me advance. It was like speed dating for an internship. This was one of the few paid options. I met with two people on campus, before I met with my later manager.

Interview Questions

• What websites do you check most often?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

We had to fill out an application concerning research which we had been involved in recently, which was relative to what our fellowship research project would be, and depending on if you met the basic qualifications you were awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose and significance of your research project of interest ?   Answer Question