University of Cincinnati Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Graduate Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I was interviewed by the project manager and was asked some basic questions about SQL. The whole process took 2 weeks. We had normal conversation like what kind of work I am going to do.

Interview Questions

• 1. Could you explain in which scenario you use cursors?   Answer Question

Title IX Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

I applied online. I did a Skype interview. Their end didn't work. I couldn't see them. I was invited for a campus interview. I had to prepare a presentation. I attended a day long interview. While at the interview I received an email informing me that they would be starting "the referencing process this week." They didn't. The last interview was with the SVP of Diversity who told me Diversity was her priority. Let's just say I looked a bit.... Irish. During that interview there wasn't a single question I couldn't answer and correctly. When I mentioned to her that the Committee was to be checking references, she stammered over her words and told me she'd be talking to the chair.

I checked in several times. Each time I reminded them of the "referencing process this week." The first time the response was they would be in touch soon. I learned the position had been reposted. The second time the response was no final decision was made. Today I received an email saying the SVP failed the search.

They still haven't reimbursed my money.

What a mess of an organization. They deserve the lawsuits they are getting.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a organized process with interviews with two people. They went through all the services offered and gave a brief of their role. They also mentioned the expectations from the student and targets.

Interview Questions

• An instance where I had to maintain the privacy of information   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and got a call for face to face interview at the campus. I was interviewed by two people, my direct supervisor and Director of the team. It lasted almost 30 mins, very simple questions including my previous work experience and skills. I was also asked about my background with data handling. Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself and what sort of work experience you have?   Answer Question

Senior Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone interview about two weeks later. A few days after the phone interview, I got a call for an on campus interview, which was scheduled a week later. The in-person interview was with the advising staff, other college staff, and the Dean and lasted about three hours. The questions themselves were pretty basic questions about advising. They also gave you a Microsoft Excel test. The thing that stuck out to me the most was the corporate feel of office and staff. I didn't feel like I was interviewing at a university. The staff had zero personality and when asked what they liked best about their job, nobody knew how to answer the question. They were all friendly enough, I suppose, but I knew right away that the position was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult advising experience you have encountered.   Answer Question

Pca Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call like a week afterwards and did a phone interview with HR. A few weeks later, I came in for an interview with the hiring managers and had a interview with HR a few weeks after that. The staff was very nice and professional. They asked great questions. Interview was fairly average. Average interview questions and average questions pertaining to your field

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you stood up and did the right thing to do.   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It was grader position for Matlab class. Asked about my experience and asked if I can help students to solve their code problems. I was positive. Explained my profile. Done. Selected.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Technical Round
    - Checked knowledge about R, Tableau
    - Checked knowledge about Data Analysis
    - Checked knowledge about Client Consultancy
    - Work responsibility understanding
    - Domain knowledge
    - Tools known
    - Certifications done
    - Programming languages known
    - Kinds of Project Done in past

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe yourself
      Q: Talk about your past work experiences
      Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

Involved all the typical ingredients ranging from interviews, presentations, meals, faculty meetings, meetings with administration, submission of materials including CV and sample syllabi. Pretty standard operating procedure for a position in academia. Everyone was warm and friendly and not looking to stump me with difficult questions or trip me up in any way.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

No interview. Admission was based on resume. It is also depends on reputation of your master and undergrad school. Reference also helps to get in. My advice to attain graduate recruitment weekend to learn more details of school program.