University of Cincinnati Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2018

2.5

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was referred by a former employee to the professor who was in charge of hiring. I was emailed about an interview after a week or so. It was a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach physics?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

no interview when they hired me. I just file the application forms and send it to them after few months they accept my application . I hope it is enough information .

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, the first was over the phone, then skype and in person for the last. The department really made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I did not feel nervous or silly, as we often do during interviews

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the University of Cincinnati?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

easy and friendly for the most part. met with multiple people 1:1. good coordination and arrangements. hospitality was good. after first visit, was invited for a second visit too, and had a phone conversation at some point too.
    as usual, first interview is more about me, and second interview is what I need to know about them ( they already like me, so now I can feel free to ask more detailed questions)

Interview Questions

• why I have chosen Univ of Cincinnati   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick, the questions were related to previous experiences as GA, previous research and articles, how can you help the professor in his research. How are you different from the other candidates

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

E-mail schedule a time. One on one interview. Questions are all situation related. Give you a situation that you may have during the tutoring session, what will you do? Last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What if a student answer a question that you do not know the answer?   Answer Question
    • You explained a question to the student several times, and he still says "I don't know", what will you do?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I was interviewed by the project manager and was asked some basic questions about SQL. The whole process took 2 weeks. We had normal conversation like what kind of work I am going to do.

Interview Questions

• 1. Could you explain in which scenario you use cursors?   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The process involved a call for a salary verification, a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was not difficult, but it was a panel interview. Everyone was warm and pleasant. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with diversity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Title IX Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati.

Interview

I applied online. I did a Skype interview. Their end didn't work. I couldn't see them. I was invited for a campus interview. I had to prepare a presentation. I attended a day long interview. While at the interview I received an email informing me that they would be starting "the referencing process this week." They didn't. The last interview was with the SVP of Diversity who told me Diversity was her priority. Let's just say I looked a bit.... Irish. During that interview there wasn't a single question I couldn't answer and correctly. When I mentioned to her that the Committee was to be checking references, she stammered over her words and told me she'd be talking to the chair.

I checked in several times. Each time I reminded them of the "referencing process this week." The first time the response was they would be in touch soon. I learned the position had been reposted. The second time the response was no final decision was made. Today I received an email saying the SVP failed the search.

They still haven't reimbursed my money.

What a mess of an organization. They deserve the lawsuits they are getting.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a organized process with interviews with two people. They went through all the services offered and gave a brief of their role. They also mentioned the expectations from the student and targets.

Interview Questions

• An instance where I had to maintain the privacy of information   Answer Question