University of Cincinnati Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.4

Graduate Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I was interviewed by the project manager and was asked some basic questions about SQL. The whole process took 2 weeks. We had normal conversation like what kind of work I am going to do.

Interview Questions

• 1. Could you explain in which scenario you use cursors?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a organized process with interviews with two people. They went through all the services offered and gave a brief of their role. They also mentioned the expectations from the student and targets.

Interview Questions

• An instance where I had to maintain the privacy of information   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It was grader position for Matlab class. Asked about my experience and asked if I can help students to solve their code problems. I was positive. Explained my profile. Done. Selected.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Technical Round
    - Checked knowledge about R, Tableau
    - Checked knowledge about Data Analysis
    - Checked knowledge about Client Consultancy
    - Work responsibility understanding
    - Domain knowledge
    - Tools known
    - Certifications done
    - Programming languages known
    - Kinds of Project Done in past

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe yourself
      Q: Talk about your past work experiences
      Answer Question

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

it was done mainly by submitting necessary documents such as TOEFL, GRE, CV, etc. then I received an offer, this way you get an admission to the school, then you have two chances to take the PhD qualifying exam to become a PhD student.

Interview Questions

• there are two part qualifying exams, part one mostly covering undergraduate courses, very broad, part two mainly focused on master courses, four topics of classical mechanics, QM, electrodynamics and statistical mechanics.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews - The first one was a panel interview with staff and faculty (9 people total). I had to give a presentation during that interview. The second one was with the staff of the office (4 people and 1 person). The process moved quickly due to their timeline, and a few days after the second interview I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, how I went above and beyond the call of duty, etc. Lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Three professor asked me some questions with regard my acdanmia background. And they briefly talked about the basic work for this position. Who should I report to and what kind of questions I might encounter with. I thought the process is fair easy and nothing came to my view that it's a hard interview. They're all pretty stragiht forward and welcome.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Mainly talking and no test process. The professor ask you about your research experience and former jobs. Then Ask how much do you know about the programming environment they are using. At last, he ask what is your expectation of the research job there.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been practicing programming?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

We had to fill out an application concerning research which we had been involved in recently, which was relative to what our fellowship research project would be, and depending on if you met the basic qualifications you were awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose and significance of your research project of interest ?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview consisted of a panel of five to seven stakeholders. The second interview was with the department head or chair. Show enthusiasm for the work and capabilities.