University of Cincinnati Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

2.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

easy and friendly for the most part. met with multiple people 1:1. good coordination and arrangements. hospitality was good. after first visit, was invited for a second visit too, and had a phone conversation at some point too.
    as usual, first interview is more about me, and second interview is what I need to know about them ( they already like me, so now I can feel free to ask more detailed questions)

Interview Questions

• why I have chosen Univ of Cincinnati   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick, the questions were related to previous experiences as GA, previous research and articles, how can you help the professor in his research. How are you different from the other candidates

Graduate Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I was interviewed by the project manager and was asked some basic questions about SQL. The whole process took 2 weeks. We had normal conversation like what kind of work I am going to do.

Interview Questions

• 1. Could you explain in which scenario you use cursors?   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The process involved a call for a salary verification, a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was not difficult, but it was a panel interview. Everyone was warm and pleasant. It lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with diversity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a organized process with interviews with two people. They went through all the services offered and gave a brief of their role. They also mentioned the expectations from the student and targets.

Interview Questions

• An instance where I had to maintain the privacy of information   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and got a call for face to face interview at the campus. I was interviewed by two people, my direct supervisor and Director of the team. It lasted almost 30 mins, very simple questions including my previous work experience and skills. I was also asked about my background with data handling. Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself and what sort of work experience you have?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It was grader position for Matlab class. Asked about my experience and asked if I can help students to solve their code problems. I was positive. Explained my profile. Done. Selected.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Technical Round
    - Checked knowledge about R, Tableau
    - Checked knowledge about Data Analysis
    - Checked knowledge about Client Consultancy
    - Work responsibility understanding
    - Domain knowledge
    - Tools known
    - Certifications done
    - Programming languages known
    - Kinds of Project Done in past

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe yourself
      Q: Talk about your past work experiences   Answer Question

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

it was done mainly by submitting necessary documents such as TOEFL, GRE, CV, etc. then I received an offer, this way you get an admission to the school, then you have two chances to take the PhD qualifying exam to become a PhD student.

Interview Questions

• there are two part qualifying exams, part one mostly covering undergraduate courses, very broad, part two mainly focused on master courses, four topics of classical mechanics, QM, electrodynamics and statistical mechanics.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews - The first one was a panel interview with staff and faculty (9 people total). I had to give a presentation during that interview. The second one was with the staff of the office (4 people and 1 person). The process moved quickly due to their timeline, and a few days after the second interview I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, how I went above and beyond the call of duty, etc. Lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question