University of Colorado Boulder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Colorado Boulder Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Colorado Boulder

2.6

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder.

Interview

Just normal graduate school application, there is no interveiw. what you need to do is to fill in the online application form and write a statement of purpose stating what you have done and plan to do in the future research.

Admission Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder.

Interview

In place of a phone interview, the initial round involved singing into a platform online and recording my response to predetermined questions. Following this, I was selected to move on as a final candidate and spoke with the entire admission team online. As part of the interview, I was required to make and present an informational presentation about why high schoolers should consider college.

The entire process seemed pretty fair and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a rule or supervisor and what you did?   Answer Question

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder.

Interview

CU Boulder's recruiting department posts ads for entry level positions, but only considers applicants with grad level education and experience.

They don't even give you the courtesy of a screening phone call, to introduce and sell yourself. They make incorrect assumptions based solely off your resume and reject anyone that does not fit their narrow-minded expectations of who can succeed in the job.

CU Boulder's recruiting department is a dumpster fire, much like the institution itself. I suppose one must contemplate the connection between the institution's outdated and deceptive recruiting process and CU Boulder's decaying reputation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They don't even bother to call you, just send auto-rejection emails.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Interview

Casual, fast, and straightforward. Be ready to discuss how you will have a work-life/school-life balance. Just be honest and have good reasons for why you want to work there. Don't be nervous, they don't expect you to have tons of experience.

Administrator Interview

Interview

The screening interview was a one-way remote interview where my answers to questions were recorded on a web-cam and reviewed by HR / others later. This process felt very dehumanizing and I would highly recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to push back on that kind of screening to do so. The only pro- to the one-way remote screening interview was that I could do it anytime that was convenient to me within a certain time period.

The following interviews were great, and they were accommodating to having a remote interview.

Interview Questions

• i don't recall specific questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder.

Interview

Preliminary interview where you answer questions to a blank computer screen- awkward. In person interview afterwards. Low stress overall. Usual questions about background and experience. What's your greatest weakness etc

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder in November 2019.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a series of questions served by a computer with timed periods to respond. It was pretty standard with few surprises but strange to talk to a computer and have to time out replies. After passing that I had an inperson interview with the hiring manager and team members in my department. They had a rubric to score me on as we talked. They were interested in behavioral evaluation but the interview ended up having little to do with the ultimate job function and it did not represent the team dynamics well or set realistic expectations.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced failure in a job.   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder.

Interview

They change the interview process every year, but it typically caters to the most outgoing and extroverted individuals. They make instant judgements so be sure to dress the part and share your name and pronouns (if you feel comfortable doing so). They also ask you to teach them something for 5 minutes. Extra points if you bring props.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach diversity and inclusion and how do you hope to bring that into a community?   1 Answer

Interview

Met with the lead researcher for the lab after emailing to set up a time. We talked for about 30 minutes and had aligning research interests, and there was an opportunity for position funding through the college.

UMC Business Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

It took about a month after I applied to recieve a call for an interview. The interview consisted of 2 - one on one interviews and then a final group interview. Total interview time was about 3 hours