University of Colorado Boulder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Colorado Boulder Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Colorado Boulder

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder in June 2013.

Interview

I originally sent in my application, and had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. It was a standard phone interview with standard interview questions. I was later notified that I was put on a waitlist for the job, and I didn't hear back from them until 1 year later. I was then called up saying that an opening suddenly came up, and they offered it to me.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to having shifts on nights, weekends, and holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. Everybody starts at the same hourly wage.

Interview

There was only one interview and it was pretty casual. I had a resume written which is probably what set me apart from the other applicants. It's really dependent on who is in charge at the residence hall that you apply to in terms of if they like you or not which will lead to being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase. The wage was set

Contracting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter sent information on the multiple-step process: online application with three parts, solo video-taped interview, one-on-one live video, then live group video interview. Asking all the correct questions for a senior role, not a purely administrative or specialist role.

Interview Questions

• Their questions were about my background and experience relating to position, my handling of difficult and complex situations and the size and scope of contracts managed.   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Depends on which jobs you are applying for, however, I have been through many of the CU Boulder hiring processes. Usually, for an advisory role, you will have an interview with the Director of the Department (1-on-1). He/She will usually ask very standard questions, like "Why are you interested in this position?" A lot of these questions stem from the specific position you applied for, but generally try to outline your strengths, and very specific examples about how you contributed to a project, workshop, or how you engaged with students in the past.

Afterwards, you then move on to a meeting with much of the members/staff of the department. The interview questions will follow a similar format. These element is probably the most important, as I also served on search committees for interviewees. This really gives you the opportunity to win over the department's staff, highlight your specific skill set and talents, and also, share a little bit about yourself as a person. Being a "correct" fit for the department may ultimately decide if you get the position or not. Passion always garners interest.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Tell us about a time when you applied yourself to a project, your organizational/planning efforts for that development, and the outcome? What else could have you done better?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is always entirely dependent on qualifications. However, CU is pretty strict about the salary it offers for positions.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Started with a group interview (solo, multiple CU people on the call), then went to solo interviews with boss and boss' boss. Process took a little less than a month. References were called.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, compensation was clearly laid out in the original jobs listing.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I got referenced by a student group leader. So everything was fast, and my boss was very nice. I did not even have to submit a cover letter. My boss is the one who actually interviewed me. He told me a bit about the position and what I should be expected.

IT Technician II Interview

Interview

I don't care to add much to this segment. i find it a tad invasive. Could you please refrain from asking such questions in the future?

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with 5 people.
    This was followed by an onsite interview. It included meeting 20 plus members of the university and a presentation.

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call for an in-person interview where I met with 2 people. One was the supervisor for the position, the other was another manager in the office.

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

A brief interview section with an extensive training and role playing section on on-the-job activities. The role playing section involved one of the interviewers playing a student and a situation from a prompt was read. The interviewee must then help the student solve the issue at hand successfully. The interviewers want to see how you handle situations and what skills you use.