University of Colorado Denver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Colorado Denver Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took over a month. I interviewed with the PI and the post doc that lasted over an hour. and was scheduled for a second interview right after and then was asked for my reference a couple days later.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver.

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal. Questions were mostly relate to previous experiences and skills. A lot was about discussing details about the specific research conducted in the laboratory and the potential projects I was going to be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience, what skills I had mastered.   Answer Question

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly layed back, I got the usual questions. Most questions were about expirience and clarification on my resume. Process was a total of 30 ish minutes and i got an offer at the end

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. They asked specific questions referencing the position they had posted. The wanted to know if I have talents and experience for the position. They were courteous and forward in what they wanted to know. The questions they asked were understandable in the language they used.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to use AD?
      What would I know in a very busy day?
      1 Answer

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Aurora, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called to set up an interview a week later. I received an email with information for the interview which stated it would be a screening interview. I interviewed with 3 employees of the department as well as the manager. Interview consisted of them asking questions for 20 minutes and then asking if I had any questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you completed a project, but could have had someone else do it for you.   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you look for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep track of, and prioritize, multiple projects at the same time.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy. Was introduced to panelists and told to introduce myself.Inquired about my background. Helped me know about the organization and let me speak out about the various experience and my duties in previous jobs. They asked my options about joining the institute and helped me know more about my duties. The process was delightful and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

ETL Developer - Health Data Compass Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screening (by webex), then had a personal group interview. 6 people interviewed me at once in a room with a big table and white board. The SQL questions ranged from very easy to very very difficult. The questions were VERY abstract and in retrospect, that should have been my first red flag to just leave the interview. At the end of the interview I thought I did very well, and I asked them the next steps in the hiring process. They stated they may do one more round of interviews, or may hire somebody, but, and I say this verbatim: "Either way you will hear from us by next Monday." I emailed them a thank you note and literally didn't hear back from them for another 7 weeks. I would NEVER work for a place that flat-out lies to interviewees and has such a poor lack of communication skills. If they called and offered me the job today, as excited as I was to excel at this job, I would never, ever take the job based on their blatant disrespect to me the second after I left the interview.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a box of legos and had me build a tower as high as I could in 3 minutes that'd hold a cell phone for at least 10 seconds. After I did this they told me to make it higher. Then they had me make it even higher.   1 Answer
    • Set a toaster out and told me to test it   1 Answer
    • Several whiteboard SQL questions   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on a desert island with 4 others, what would your job be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was an hour total. I talked about 15 minutes with the PI and then 45 with the lab team. Overall it was a great experience and I was able to gauge the environment and ambiance of the lab. They next said they liked me and would check my references

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

There was an online application including resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references. The first interview last a half hour with the principle investigator and the postdoc, then I had a second interview with the business manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your limitations?   1 Answer

Residency Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Denver (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The first was a short phone interview, the second was an in-person interview with some of the Program Directors I would be working with, the 3rd was the all of the other staff and faculty that I may work with.