University of Colorado Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Colorado Hospital is now known as UCHealth. With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, UCHealth is the state's largest and most innovative health system.  Visit the UCHealth page to learn more.

University of Colorado Hospital Interview Questions

2.7

RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

Short and your standard process for interviewing; are you a safe nurse? What exprience do you have in critical care? Experience preferred as a CNA or similar position

Interview Questions

• 10 in total based on patient care and your ability to be safe   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

Applied online through the university system, was called three weeks later for an interview with the clinic manager. It seemed to go well and I was assured that I would be contacted for a second interview. I did not hear anything after that initial interview. They did call and check references after initial interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and the Clinical Educator for the unit. I traveled from out of town and they were very accommodating with my schedule and allowing me to pick a specific interview date and time. They were very welcoming and friendly and asked a lot of good questions on the interview. I was also given a tour of the unit and met some of the nurses on the floor as well.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that you struggle with as a nurse?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything that you think will be difficult transitioning to your role here compared to your role at your other hospital?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a conflict you've had a work and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Surgical Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out due to the circumstances. I had to be relocated from NYC for this position. There were 2 phone interviews with different managers and then a phone interview with the director. Finally a video conference with the managers and director.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based and experience questions...
      "Tell us about a time when you..."
      "What is you greatest strength / weakness"
      Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

Laid back, easy going. They are more concerned about your personality. It was a phone interview with a current fellow, then a skype interview with the COO. They give you 2 weeks to accept or reject the offer.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital.

Interview

The interview wasn't so hard. First they ask you to go over your resume, then they have all these questions they ask you and write down your response. My interview took about an hour, and I only had 10 minutes left for questions. It's stupid though because although I did not get the job, they pretty much force you to contact five references (unnecessary) and have them fill out a survey about you online. I got this email a few days after the interview, and apparently this is part of the application process so it's required before they move forward. They were never strongly considering me in the first place because after emailing the guy a couple of times about a timeline on a decision, I never got a response back. So they make it hassle that you have to go years back and talk to your old bosses and convince them to fill out a survey about you and do all this in less than 3 days. A huge inconvenience for you and your references, and again, completely unnecessary process.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

I applied through the website and got a call either the next day or two days later. Day of the interview, I received a tour of the lab, then we started the interview. The interviewer asked me to go over my resume first, then asked me some basic questions read off a piece of paper and wrote down my responses. The interview took about an hour. Within two days of the interview, I was to provide 5 references and have them submit some questions for a survey about me... I thought that was weird if they were not strongly considering me, especially when the interview was only two days prior. This is part of the interview process apparently, and if you did not get offered the job then you just wasted your time contacting all your old bosses and wasted their time by making them fill out the survey. This is what happened with me. I was not offered the job but I was forced to contact at least five of my old managers (whom I have not talked to in years), and force them to fill out a survey about me which they reluctantly did so. I emailed the interviewer 3 weeks after my interview asking when a decision will be made and never got a response. Just the cold shoulder.

Care Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO).

Interview

A couple of interviews followed by two days of shadowing. It was a lengthy process. Had a phone interview followed by a group interview with role playing, followed by a panel interview. Then called back for a second panel interview. Then had to shadow for two days and wait a week for job offer. Then hired part time which lead to full time position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were not well received

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora, CO).

Interview

Applied online and was sent a test to take via email. The test were basic questions that a CNA should be knowledgeable with. Upon completion of that test was called in for a group interview with the nurse managers. The group interview lasted about a half hour, about ten questions from the panel and then opened to my questions for them. Have not heard back with a job offer.

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado Hospital in April 2015.

Interview

Department manager called. 45 minute telephone interview. Led to over two hours face-to-face. An hoir with the msnager and another hour with the team. Serious consideration about an offer being given was made evident by the hiring manager and that HR would get back to me in 2 business days max to extend the decision. This never occurred. 4 out of 5 required references were given prior to interview and 5th reference gave her reference 5 business days after the interview. A total of 6 references given and the waiting game continued. By day 17, no email and no call. A quick check on the HR system, no job offer. A HUGE waste of time which is unfortunate because the team was nice. 5 references is overkill but whatever. I gave them 6.