University of Colorado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Colorado

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Denver, CO) in July 2020.

Interview

There is another interview on here for a manager in the Denver systems administration office that was pretty much exactly what I went through, except I am local and the other interviewee was flown in.

That other interviewee got the job but left a bad review of CU on here. The review complained about upper management and I also got that vibe from the director-level hiring manager when I was going through the final panel interview. So, while I didn't get the job, I suppose I dodged a bullet in that I wouldn't have to deal with the negative work environment. I kept reading about the great benefits though, so I would have been willing to tough it out even with the below-market salary.

Interview Questions

• I swear it was THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS that the other Denver manager interviewee on here had   1 Answer
    • The final round questions were also very standard so I sailed through, but honestly I feel the final round format was misrepresented to me. I was told it would be different from the previous panel interview in that I would participate in an exercise that would display my problem solving skills, communication, analytical abilities, etc. But it wound up being just another round with the same old questions. This leads me to believe that they already had someone else in mind for this position and were just wasting my time by interviewing me to be able to prove on paper that they interviewed the minimum number of candidates they were obligated to.

Another tipoff to this is that there were 4 people in the final panel interview, but only one other person besides the director had an opportunity to speak at all. So the other two quite literally just had to phone it in; I doubt they had any kind of real input into the final decision. It just felt like a farce to me.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado.

Interview

I met with many researchers from different departments and teams and everyone was very communicative and collaborative. Most of the interviews felt more like discussions among colleagues instead of interviews and questioning. Most questions concerned work listed on my CV that related to their work.

Interview Questions

Interview

Full day of meeting faculty and learning about various projects. I held a seminar about my previous research (dissertation). Toured the labs and had dinner with selected faculty. Overall it was a great experience.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

Got contacted about a phone interview. I sent back a bunch of dates and times. They never contacted me again. Got ghosted. Find that to be super unprofessional for a university.

Interview Questions

• When are you free for a call?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Colorado.

Interview

Basic answering and research as to why you want to study here, simple connect to alumni should help you if you need more insight into the program. Go buffs!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at CU?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Aurora, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviews with the entire admin team, all were friendly and pleasant to talk to. Asked questions about my experience and why I wanted the role. Was a relaxed environment and was offered the job later in the day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Denver, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied initially on LinkedIn, then was offered to do the first round of virtual interviews using HireVue within about two weeks. I had to answer multiple questions and record my answers into the app. Then about a week later I received an invite to do a Skype interview with a committee of about four people from across the university. After about another week, I was asked to fly into Denver for an in-person interview (I was living out of state at the time). For the in-person interview, it took about four hours and I had around four sets of individuals with groups of people in the office I was applying to. The day after the in-person interview I got a call offering me the job. In total, the entire application on LinkedIn to offer took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for the job?
      2. Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?
      3. Describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado.

Interview

Two interviews- one with the manager and another with the Director. Pretty easy. Interview with the director was pretty weird as he didn't ask anything about the job-just general questions. Just be confident and be prepared to say why you deserve the position.

Travel Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Denver, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

It was pretty quick with very clear next steps. Once the first interview took place you knew exactly the next steps. Each interview was with a minimum of 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made an error and how you handled it   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado.

Interview

I applied for the job online and heard back via email about a month later. I was contacted by the hiring manager for an in-person interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and the direct supervisor I would be working with. There were about 10 questions that were mostly scenario based that lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem
      Tell me about a time you were a leader
      What does our motto mean to you?
      Why did you choose this company?   Answer Question