University of Colorado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Boulder, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Two people that are managers of the job of interest interviewed me. They asked a large series of questions for 30 minutes. Questions mostly pertained to the job and skillset required. Not many questions were with regard to personal or emotional subjects.

Interview Questions

• Do you really want to leave academia for industry?   1 Answer

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Met with the department Manager after my resume was reviewed and was determined to meet eligibility for position. Then met with facility Supervisor and toured facility to get an idea of daily operations. Additionally met with facility veterinarian who over saw animal animal health services

Interview Questions

• As an individual with a history of caring for animals and promoting animal welfare how would I approach a situation where a research technician maybe in violation of research protocols involving the care and use of the animals involved in the research study.   Answer Question

Professional Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard. You apply via their website and they contact you for a meeting if they're interested. They usually explain the work they're doing and then ask you questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you disliked about one of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Senior Grant Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Boulder, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

video interview with the opportunity to do a few test questions. The interview itself has the question posed to you. You have one minute to review the question and then three minutes to respond.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a decision without all the information.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado.

Interview

The first part was an interview through HireVue - digital on-demand interview. Basically you are given 10 questions and you have to record yourself answering them. It was kind of awkward, but I see the benefit of having it. Then I moved into an in person interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for the University of Colorado.   Answer Question

Operations Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an in-person interview a week later. Had my first interview with one of my direct supervisors that took 25 minutes and after that, they had me immediately interview with senior management that took 15 minutes and I was offered.

Accounting Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Boulder, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Round table interview where department employees ask the standard interview questions regarding multi-tasking and previous learning experiences at work. The department did not properly explain how and who I was to meet.
    I was told I was the number one candidate. Asked if I could start immediately. Was told I would hear back within a day. The department head, who was my main contact, never called or contacted me to let me know that they decided to hire someone younger.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize important tasks?   1 Answer

Accounting Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview is pretty formal and they asked very general technique questions. The people are very nice and very friendly. They are trying to make connection with you and answer you questions very detailed. Love the people there!

Interview Questions

• What kind of specific skills you have for the software?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Boulder, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Email turnaround after applying was very quick. An interview was schedule for a few days later and follow up/offer no more than 2 days after that. Overall very quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in corporate social responsibility, ethics, sustainability, corporate governance?   Answer Question
    • What are your digital marketing skills (SEO, web design, social media familiarity, writing/researching content)?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here? What benefits will you bring CESR and vice versa?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado (Aurora, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen where 3 interviewers participated. This was followed by a panel interview face to face on campus. Questions were created and each member of the interview committee asked a question in a round robin fashion. The job was offered approximately a week after the campus interview. References were called from Human Resources Department.