University of Colorado at Boulder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Colorado at Boulder Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.6

Pre-health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Interview

The initial interview is pre-recorded and done through HireView. Fort this position the interview questions were sent ahead of time so that the candidate had plenty of time to prepare STAR responses. There are opportunities to practice the recorded interview process and you have the option to hide the screen that shows you interviewing. During the actual interview it will have the question and then give you 60 seconds (you can skip if you want) to prepare before recording your response. You have 3-4 minutes to give your complete response. All questions were behavioral based and most of them were specific to pre-health students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were overwhelmed with responsibilities at work. How did you respond? What was the result?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder in August 2017.

Interview

Received email from HR to schedule a video interview with department lead. Corresponded with department lead to schedule interview. Was provided with video call link and other information by the employer. Was told if I had difficulty accessing the call I could call in by phone. During the video interview, I was told references would be contacted by CU HR (automated survey) within a few days. No references were contacted but HR emailed saying the team was still deliberating. The following week, still no references were contacted and was never contacted again by either HR or department lead, despite one email and one voice mail follow up on my behalf.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the supervisor and was asked what I could tutor and why I wanted to be a tutor. The whole thing was pretty easy and not too stressful. The person interviewing me was very pleasant and I was offered the job on the spot. I was given the paperwork to fill out and that was that

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a tutor?   1 Answer

Student Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

I received the email from the university that I needed to have an interview before I took my job. So, I made an appointment with the officer, and I talked with her. It was little nervous, but it was not terrible as what I thought. She was very kind to me. It ended well, and I got the offer from University.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to take this job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Starts with a video interview with about 7 to 8 questions. The video interview is prerecorded so you have to sit in front of your computer and answer questions with no one on the other side. But the question were not difficult, just got annoyed when the internet dropped. Questions are mostly behavior based, speaking to previous experiences.

Academic Program Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 panel interviews - one 3:1 and 2:1. Both were relaxed and it was more of a conversation with interview questions thrown in. Each panel was one hour with a short break in between.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO).

Interview

not too bad, just be professional and be prepared to answer some questions in the realm of social justice. their culture and mission is to create "inclusive excellence" and to get there, their role is to play social justice warriors.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Went into conference room, was interviewed by two very nice ladies who asked about my background in administrative work and my experiences as a student at CU. They detailed what my job description would be but also said it depended on the needs of the department I was in. They were very prompt in their response time and overall I had a very positive experience.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder (Boulder, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. Did well in the course. Professor asked if I am interested in the position and conducted an interview. Questions were generally about debugging and my general career goals.

Writing Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Colorado at Boulder.

Interview

Laid back and generous. First had to answer three questions over email regarding part tutoring experience and diversity. Then got a call back for in-person interview at the Writing Center on campus. The head of the department was thorough but kind. He asked questions about my prior experience and any issues I have had in the past, as well as focused on pedagogical theory I had learned in my masters program.

Interview Questions

• Mock tutoring session with a student paper, with the head of the dept acting as the student.   Answer Question