University of Connecticut Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.2

Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Took 45 minutes and involved two of the managers sitting down and asking you questions. Was really a comfortable setting and they really just wanted to see how you are and how you would deal with situations.

IT Help Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on jobx. Was looking for a student job. Was interviewed by 3 staff members all at once. Had 1 phone interview and had 1 in person interview. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to format multiple computers all at once?   Answer Question

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

went through the resume and asked about the skills and expertise.
    Asked about the previous experiences, hobbies, likes and dislikes.
    few leadership questions on handling situations.
    when can i start?
    what am i expecting from the job?

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the PI by another employee at the institution. After exchanging emails, submitting resume and letter of recommendation, I interviewed with the PI directly at his lab. Sat down and talked about the various projects that he's working on and what I might be helping out with once I join the lab. In my case the PI himself basically hired me

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

For an hour, knowing my past research experience and future goals. How I would like to contribute in the team and can help achieve the current projects. I was shown around in the department and introduced to coworkers.

Recreation Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT).

Interview

Meet with a manager and Coordinator of Operations to answer questions pertaining to work ethic. Asked basic questions on facilities management, what you would do in different situations, and if you have the customer service skills to work in the environment.

Student Union A/V Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend and applied online. They called me in same-day. After the first interview they called me same-day for another interview a week later. interviews were in a panel with the manager and 4-5 techs. Was all behavioral questions. Important topics seemed to be availability, customer service experience, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer service experience that didn't go well.   Answer Question

Student Employee - Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with my adviser, asked a few personal questions before going over my responsibilities and obligations. Could definitely tell that they care about who you are and your values as it is a copany related to the excellence of the University.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship like with your parents?   1 Answer

Student Shoveler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Brief group interview/informational session. Job duties, salary, and hours were explained and we were given a brief period to ask any questions we had. The job was essentially anyone's who wanted it.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application on the student employment website and submitted a resume through the same system. I went in for an interview and was offered the job through email later that day.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly challenging questions. They were all run-of-the-mill.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. What they offer is the best that you can receive.