University of Connecticut Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director IT Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with the acting CIO, IT Ops Director, Privacy and Compliance Lead and Legal Lead. Panel was forthcoming about the work environment and challenges. Had ample opportunity to ask pointed questions. UCONN did not bother to notify that I was not selected as a viable candidate, no,further communication after the interview.

Student Worker At Putnam Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the online portal. After analyzing my resume, got a mail from Putnam Dining Service for a small chat. Student manager showed me the shifts available. Minimum criteria is 10 working hours/week

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the PI by another employee at the institution. After exchanging emails, submitting resume and letter of recommendation, I interviewed with the PI directly at his lab. Sat down and talked about the various projects that he's working on and what I might be helping out with once I join the lab. In my case the PI himself basically hired me

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

For an hour, knowing my past research experience and future goals. How I would like to contribute in the team and can help achieve the current projects. I was shown around in the department and introduced to coworkers.

Student Employee - Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with my adviser, asked a few personal questions before going over my responsibilities and obligations. Could definitely tell that they care about who you are and your values as it is a copany related to the excellence of the University.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship like with your parents?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very open and simple, asked in to meet with the office and go over my experience, goals, and what the position would offer. Was able to meet with the full team that worked in the office, all very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview committee made me feel very comfortable. They explained the details and requirements of the job and I impressed upon them why I was best fit to perform the job duties.

Interview Questions

• Why did I think I was best fit for the job   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, better if you know the professor. If interested just go up and ask one of your professors they normally have room. There isn't even really a real interview process.

Ra Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Ask about interests in community building.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you admire or is a hero to you?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

Friendly and casual. More focused on personality than credentials. so brief it did not feel like an interview. I was left waiting for a few minutes and felt sort of confused.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience have you had?   1 Answer