University of Connecticut Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.2

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the PI by another employee at the institution. After exchanging emails, submitting resume and letter of recommendation, I interviewed with the PI directly at his lab. Sat down and talked about the various projects that he's working on and what I might be helping out with once I join the lab. In my case the PI himself basically hired me

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

For an hour, knowing my past research experience and future goals. How I would like to contribute in the team and can help achieve the current projects. I was shown around in the department and introduced to coworkers.

Student Employee - Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with my adviser, asked a few personal questions before going over my responsibilities and obligations. Could definitely tell that they care about who you are and your values as it is a copany related to the excellence of the University.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship like with your parents?   1 Answer

Ra Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Ask about interests in community building.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you admire or is a hero to you?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

Friendly and casual. More focused on personality than credentials. so brief it did not feel like an interview. I was left waiting for a few minutes and felt sort of confused.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience have you had?   1 Answer

Biology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield Center, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Mansfield Center, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

They ask us to make an appoint for interview with phone call. Generally asking me abouth what he has interest in their field. Most important thing is to have similar research experience to their current research project.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Three day interview process: dinner with current students and faculty a night before and full-day interview the next day with three different faculty members, each lasting 30 minutes. The last day starts with a poster session with current students, ending with lunch and a short field trip to a local museum.

Educational Psychology Doctoral Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience - not too intimidating. A 40 minute presentation on the work I'd done so far in my previous Masters program in Statistics followed by fee question and answers. Later I had individual meetings with faculty members which comprised mainly of discussing interests, future goals and so on. Lastly, I also had the opportunity to spend time with the current graduate student body which also helped me learn immensely about the dynamics of the graduate student life in this particular program.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

I first applied for this job online through the University of Connecticut's student job postings website. After uploading my resume and filling out a short form, I was sent an email asking me to come to the departmental office for an in-person interview. At the interview, I was asked about my related skills and given an idea of what needed to be done. After being given the main task, I was asked if I would like to work there. I accepted, and now I am currently a part-time student worker there.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Send emails and ask some academic questions regarding to my background. Then telephone interview for more detail question in terms of what kind of project I have been involved and what my role in it.

Interview Questions

• What's most difficult problems I have met and how I solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A