University of Connecticut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.3

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Three people on the interview committee and approximately 10-12 interview questions. There is a first and second interview. One week to hear back in between interviews, two weeks from last interview and decision made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview

I attended a sort observation at the distribution center, which was required before I could fill out the online application. A recruiter led me on a tour of the place and then suggested applying there and having an interview immediately. I filled out the application and proceeded to the interview. It all took less than two hours.

From the day of the interview to the job offer was four business days, and I started work on Monday the next week.

Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Took 45 minutes and involved two of the managers sitting down and asking you questions. Was really a comfortable setting and they really just wanted to see how you are and how you would deal with situations.

IT Help Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on jobx. Was looking for a student job. Was interviewed by 3 staff members all at once. Had 1 phone interview and had 1 in person interview. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to format multiple computers all at once?   Answer Question

Student Worker At Putnam Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the online portal. After analyzing my resume, got a mail from Putnam Dining Service for a small chat. Student manager showed me the shifts available. Minimum criteria is 10 working hours/week

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview

Straight to the point. Accommodating. Made an appointment with the professor of my choice. He told me what he would have me do as a studio apprentice. I was willing to do anything to further my knowledge of printmaking.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to learn?   1 Answer

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

went through the resume and asked about the skills and expertise.
    Asked about the previous experiences, hobbies, likes and dislikes.
    few leadership questions on handling situations.
    when can i start?
    what am i expecting from the job?

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the PI by another employee at the institution. After exchanging emails, submitting resume and letter of recommendation, I interviewed with the PI directly at his lab. Sat down and talked about the various projects that he's working on and what I might be helping out with once I join the lab. In my case the PI himself basically hired me

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions. What if's mostly. They wanted to know how I would handle players if they got out of hand, what would I do, what would I say, etc.. They also asked why I should be chosen to be a manager, what sets me apart from other people, what skills do I bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a player was swearing and being unreasonable?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

For an hour, knowing my past research experience and future goals. How I would like to contribute in the team and can help achieve the current projects. I was shown around in the department and introduced to coworkers.