University of Connecticut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Connecticut Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Connecticut

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions. What if's mostly. They wanted to know how I would handle players if they got out of hand, what would I do, what would I say, etc.. They also asked why I should be chosen to be a manager, what sets me apart from other people, what skills do I bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a player was swearing and being unreasonable?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

It will be months before people are called for an interview. Typically, a preliminary phone interview of all qualified applicants, and then top 3-4 for in-person second round interviews. Committee styled second round interviews with structured questions, but the interviewers aren't hiring managers and no one from HR is included.

Interview Questions

• Asked what was the least effective aspect of my former supervisor's management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

State institution so budget was limited. Tossed a couple numbers back and forth over the phone.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position on the University Careers website. I didn't hear anything back from them for a few weeks which was concerning, but they eventually contacted me for a phone interview.

The phone interview was scheduled for a week later and was with 5 individuals. They started off by introducing themselves. Next, I was asked a series of situational questions relating to how I would handle different problems. The main goal of these questions was to evaluate my critical thinking and problem solving skills. I think they also wanted to have an understanding of my knowledges of different web based/database technologies. After about 1.5 hours, the phone interview was complete and they said they would be in touch either way.

Two days after the phone interview, I received a an email asking me to come in for an on-site interview in which I would provide an example of an advanced web application that I had developed. The next week I had the onsite interview with the same 5 people from the phone interview. It was a pretty welcoming interview compared to others that I've had. It was only 45 minutes long and primarily consisted of me demonstrating my application and discussing the design and implementation of the application.

A week after the on-site interview I received an offer letter and accepted

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiated due to the budget.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs Mansfield, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

I first applied for this job online through the University of Connecticut's student job postings website. After uploading my resume and filling out a short form, I was sent an email asking me to come to the departmental office for an in-person interview. At the interview, I was asked about my related skills and given an idea of what needed to be done. After being given the main task, I was asked if I would like to work there. I accepted, and now I am currently a part-time student worker there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very open and simple, asked in to meet with the office and go over my experience, goals, and what the position would offer. Was able to meet with the full team that worked in the office, all very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Connecticut.

Interview

Straight to the point. Accommodating. Made an appointment with the professor of my choice. He told me what he would have me do as a studio apprentice. I was willing to do anything to further my knowledge of printmaking.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to learn?   1 Answer

Biology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield Center, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Mansfield Center, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

They ask us to make an appoint for interview with phone call. Generally asking me abouth what he has interest in their field. Most important thing is to have similar research experience to their current research project.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and was e-mailed not too long after that. I met with the director of the school I would work for within the university. I was introduced to staff and got to communicate with them and ask them questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Very well conducted, and thought out . first there was a telephone screening interview and then an in person one. There was a panel conditioning of seraph panel consisting of people that did not work directly in the department but had daily interaction with the department

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Connecticut in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed from university job posting website (JobX) and asked to interview with Hall Director. After being hired, I was asked to provide my school schedule as well as schedules of extracurriculars. Went in for my assigned hours and needed to find replacement for when I needed time off.