University of Dayton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Dayton

2.8

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I contacted a friend of my moms, he put me through to my current boss who also did the interview. Went into a meeting room and I was talked through my plans for the future and the ways UD can help me achieve them. The interview was more of a discussion.

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process took a week. I applied online through a referral. My employer was very kind and welcoming. We discussed about the previous employees who worked with her and she explained the current role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What were your greatest challenges in your current job?   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Dayton in July 2013.

Interview

submitted online applicaiton, shortly after I was called to schedule a phone interview. It was only thru my prompting did I learn it was a panel interview. The phone interview started by UD person stating "we have about 15 minutes to speak to you, today" ..not to mention I could hear at least on person on the panel texting during the interview ... they had already made up thier mind. 2nd time in 3-4 yrs appling for this job, they want young grads not long term employees

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was friendly, professional, and short. I was interviewed by the Chair of the department. The interview wasn't long because I had been working in the department as a teaching assistant during my masters degree program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you like about teaching.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a disruptive student in your class room?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

You won't even get a call unless your resume and application materials exactly reflect everything in the minimum requirements. Make sure your submission addresses each minimum qualification! Everything is submitted online. The process takes a VERY long time. Often those not selected don't get notified until a final offer is made, accepted and the person has started in the job.

Interview Questions

• They basically just took the job posting and framed each item into a question to see if I fit it.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I spoke to the professor because I knew there was an opening and was offered the job. I went over my qualifications with the professor and once I accepted the position I had to fill out some paperwork. The interview overall was very easy basically all you need it to be able to communicate well and have gotten an A in the class.

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I have approached the Professor regarding the opportunity. As i applied it online, he reviewed my Skill sets and then reviewed my academic grades and performance and accepted my application.

Interview Questions

• How will you keep up with the job?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I interview with about 5 professors from the department. They asked me basic questions about my skills, interests, and experience. They basically just wanted to make sure I was competent enough to do simple tasks for them. They wanted to make sure that I was organized, because organization is extremely important in the world of research.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire hiring process is typical for a faculty job interview process. The only difference is that they require a skype presentation before the onsite interview, which is different from most other universities that often use telephone interview first. People there are very nice and you will feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you involve students in your research?   2 Answers

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview with Chair if the department, with assistant Dean, with department as a whole. Teaching demonstration- took over someone's class for the day, tour of campus, taken out to lunch,

Interview Questions

• What courses would you create in the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

THere really wasn't one.