University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Delaware Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.4

Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, including a phone interview, a video interview and a final round of onsite interview. Asked about how you would deal with the cases, and some questions about the school and the position.

Peer Tutor Interview

Interview

Simple, just need to submit writing samples and talk to the director. Writing samples have to be from college work that you have completed and you have to have a certain GPA to be considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you view the writing process?   1 Answer

Interview

Very professional, helpful and positive interview process. Good chance to meet the staff there and I have learned a lot about the work content, environment and the career opportunities in the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would fit in the work environment here?   Answer Question

Writing Center Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Delaware (New York, NY).

Interview

They contact you inviting you to apply. Then you have an interview with one of the leaders and a current tutor. If you're accepted, you take a semester-long class as training.

Biomechanics REU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

There was no phone interview or in person interview, I simply submitted letters of recommendation, an essay, and a resume online and received an offer. I found out about the internship via an email from my academic advisor. I think there is no phone interview because you have to submit two letters of recommendation, and because the professors hand pick the students they like.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions in person! I had to write an essay about my passion for biomechanics research.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview which took about 2 hours. They will introduce each other and then have some activities. 30 mins later, we were brought to another room to have individual interviews at 6 different tables. Most of them are current RAs, and they asked about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• what did you do as a leader?
      what will you do if your resident have issue with her/his roomates?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

Called for interview roughly 24 hours in advance. Applied for multiple positions. No emailed confirmation of interview time, date or which position interview was for.
    Panel was on speaker could barely hear the questions being asked, had to consistently ask each panelist to repeat each question. The frustration transferred through their tone. This is already a tedious and nerving process. This was not at all a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online, needed to contact advisors after applying, eventually got a call back - a few basic questions about my interests, but mostly he told me about the lab and what my duties would be if I joined them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

3+ months. Starts with a phone interview, then a full day of on campus interviews with panels and individuals. The questions weren't too challenging, but it was a lengthy process. UD is an amazing place to work, though, so it was well worth it. The one thing to be aware of is that on average, 60 plus people are applying for the same job, so be sure to make yourself standout in your resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about FERPA, ADA, and HIPAA and how they relate to this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple. They offered a salary and I asked for a little more and it was agreed. UD has salary ranges listed on their website, so use that as a guide.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

received phone call to set up interview the next week. interview was with 4 person committee. easy interview, friendly staff. offered great benefits and seemed to be very interested in making a decision but had to wait for an HR decision.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a student who might be hovering in the office   Answer Question