University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Delaware Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.4

Peer Tutor Interview

Interview

Simple, just need to submit writing samples and talk to the director. Writing samples have to be from college work that you have completed and you have to have a certain GPA to be considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you view the writing process?   1 Answer

Staff Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

Most staff postions at UD are posted with a salary grade level which helps applicants/candidiates get an idea of the pay prospects. However, you find out quickly either during or post interview that the actual "budgeted" amount is at least $25K - $30K LESS than the LO-HI range. In addition, the range is broken up into 4 quartiles, and the budgeted salary winds up being in the lowest quartile or very minimum $$$. To offset the lack of money, they then try to lure you in with their GREAT benefits and tuition reimbursement -- excellent benefits for sure, but one still has to maintain their cost of living. Plus, you still have to pay for parking on UD premises. Talk about Bait&Switch -- Very unethical practice to luring competent candidates into UD. If the entire salary range is unattainable for new hires, then state it as such or provide the actual budgeted range, but don't try to deceive new recruits, which just presents a poor image of UD as a top employer.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

I got the interview through on campus submission of the resume. The process took 3 days. I got an email to schedule and appointment. The interview was with the supervisor. Basic questions and prior experiences with technology, software based applications and IT support were asked including dealing with clients and customer satisfaction.

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2010.

Interview

The entire staff at UD was very welcoming and amicable. They asked your typical questions of why you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses, and past work experiences. If you make it to the final round they have a 5 hour interview process with an optional tour - take the tour! Two professional staff members take you out to lunch as well. All-in-all I left with a positive impression of the institution, staff and position

Interview Questions

• How would you describe who we -University of Delaware- is as as higher education institution?   1 Answer

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Handshake, was emailed to come in for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the then-marketing manager and a current intern. I initially applied for an internship for the spring semester, but about a week after my interview they let me know that they no longer needed an intern. Then towards the end of the spring semester, they emailed me letting me know that they had an opening for the summer and wanted to bring me on. I accepted the internship offer and have now been working for them for almost two years.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was basically an explanation of what the job would entail. I was briefly asked about my teaching/tutoring experience. I also was asked about all of my math classes I had taken and how I had done in them. After an explanation of the job I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student asks you something you don't know the answer to?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

Just speak to any professor that is doing research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple and laid back after taking a course with the professor that I wanted to work for. Flexible hours but a lot is expected of you depending on the lab you choose.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in July 2009.

Interview

Asked many questions about skills, handling stress, etc.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

received phone call to set up interview the next week. interview was with 4 person committee. easy interview, friendly staff. offered great benefits and seemed to be very interested in making a decision but had to wait for an HR decision.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a student who might be hovering in the office   Answer Question