University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.4

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

Called for interview roughly 24 hours in advance. Applied for multiple positions. No emailed confirmation of interview time, date or which position interview was for.
    Panel was on speaker could barely hear the questions being asked, had to consistently ask each panelist to repeat each question. The frustration transferred through their tone. This is already a tedious and nerving process. This was not at all a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online, needed to contact advisors after applying, eventually got a call back - a few basic questions about my interests, but mostly he told me about the lab and what my duties would be if I joined them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

3+ months. Starts with a phone interview, then a full day of on campus interviews with panels and individuals. The questions weren't too challenging, but it was a lengthy process. UD is an amazing place to work, though, so it was well worth it. The one thing to be aware of is that on average, 60 plus people are applying for the same job, so be sure to make yourself standout in your resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about FERPA, ADA, and HIPAA and how they relate to this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple. They offered a salary and I asked for a little more and it was agreed. UD has salary ranges listed on their website, so use that as a guide.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

received phone call to set up interview the next week. interview was with 4 person committee. easy interview, friendly staff. offered great benefits and seemed to be very interested in making a decision but had to wait for an HR decision.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a student who might be hovering in the office   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked general questions and then directed to an online application to solve a puzzle. Also asked to design the table structure for an application. Not difficult. Face to face interview was also good. Took me to lunch and was very informal.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Handshake, was emailed to come in for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the then-marketing manager and a current intern. I initially applied for an internship for the spring semester, but about a week after my interview they let me know that they no longer needed an intern. Then towards the end of the spring semester, they emailed me letting me know that they had an opening for the summer and wanted to bring me on. I accepted the internship offer and have now been working for them for almost two years.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

No interview was given to me for the position. Brand new job and all i had to do is e-mail someone and I got it. Nothings was needed form me at the time. I also had good grades in intro bio and chem.

Interview Questions

• No interview question at all   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

3 stage interview consisting of written application, followed by individual and group interviews. Group interviews require collaborative problem solving and demonstration of public speaking skills. Individual interview focused on personal interests and goals. Mainly conversational. Very fair questions, and very transparent regarding the hiring process. Many employees very involved in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If there was one negative aspect of the campus that you could change, how would you change it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

It is about 30min interview and the professor asked some question about the project on my resume.
    He asked easy questions and it was a very happy talk. I think the process depend on the professor individually. Hope everyone get funded.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was stress free. I wasn't prepared for a group interview, but it wasn't bad at all. The questions asked weren't difficult at all. The followed up with me a day after I interviewed and set the hiring process in motion. It was an easy transitions and the were clear about everything including the salary.

Interview Questions

• How my skills from previous roles would be applicable to the one I interviewed for.   1 Answer