University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Delaware Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.4

Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

One Interview accessing customer service skills. Admins counselor asks you about your time at UD. your involvement your goals and your current schedule. Not much else after that. After the fact you usually get an email or call back with a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• N/A Been too long for me to remember   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of interviews including an interview with a six person search committee, immediate team and volunteers I'd be working with, once hired. I was surprised that it took a month to hear back with an offer-- I almost accepted another offer to work somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked general questions and then directed to an online application to solve a puzzle. Also asked to design the table structure for an application. Not difficult. Face to face interview was also good. Took me to lunch and was very informal.

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

Skype interview with the head of department to get an idea about my research and teaching interests and my linguistic skills. I got an email exchange with some colleagues from the department about the courses I can teach and so on. The whole process was smooth and friendly.

Negotiation

Simple

Financial Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

I applied online for the Financial Processor position. I was called back for an interview 3 weeks later after applying. I was interviewed by a panel of people who asked me questions. The interview was VERY fast. It felt as if they already chose someone for that position and did my interview to meet HR requirements. I forgot about the interview until 5 weeks later I received a rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel your a fit for this position? Anything you can tell us about yourself thats not on your resume? How well do you work in a team?   Answer Question

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application (not online) and after a few days I got an email to schedule an interview. The interview was very simple since most of the questions were the same as the ones on the application.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Fitness Supervisor Interview

Interview

Talked with hiring manager about health and work life balance in office. I first applied online and then talked with current employees to get some contacts. i reached out multiple times via email to gym staff and eventually was directed to the right person. manager was friendly and personable

Interview Questions

• Why do you use the gym? are you a go getter/motivated? are you healthy? will you be willing to work opening shift (5AM)? will you be able to cover for other people if they cannot make it to work? can you enforce policies?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online, needed to contact advisors after applying, eventually got a call back - a few basic questions about my interests, but mostly he told me about the lab and what my duties would be if I joined them

Grant Writer Interview

Interview

Applied online; was denied the next day. Found this decision to be perplexing as the rejection email stated:

- that I did not have academic qualifications (I have three degrees)
    - that I had no experience (I specified in my cover letter and resume that I had a long and successful history of grant writing)

Additionally, the email rejection addressed me as Miss X when my name is Miss Y.

It would appear that the hiring office is either lazy and sloppy or prefers inside hires and arbitrarily rejects candidates. Very odd as the position has been open for six months.

Digital Collections Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in March 2012.

Interview

Very brief. One of the workers sat me down, barely looked over my resume and asked me a few questions. Within minutes she basically told me that we were done and that I had the job. She spoke very poor English, so honestly I don't think she even read my resume.