University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

University of Delaware Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.4

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

Needed reference. Several interview process regarding behavior questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I got the job without any interviews. The professor told to work with him and I accepted the offer.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware in November 2013.

Interview

The interview took a whole day. It can make a person very tired at the end of the day. So be prepared to keep smiling till the end!!

Financial Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

I applied online for the Financial Processor position. I was called back for an interview 3 weeks later after applying. I was interviewed by a panel of people who asked me questions. The interview was VERY fast. It felt as if they already chose someone for that position and did my interview to meet HR requirements. I forgot about the interview until 5 weeks later I received a rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel your a fit for this position? Anything you can tell us about yourself thats not on your resume? How well do you work in a team?   Answer Question

Limited Term Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

First interviewed by the hiring manager who asked very specific technical questions for the position. Then interviewed by several engineers in the group who mostly asked about my working experience, basic knowledge for the position. The last step was to be interviewed by the human resource department.

Interview Questions

• How many years of industrial experience do you have in this area?   1 Answer

Staff Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

Most staff postions at UD are posted with a salary grade level which helps applicants/candidiates get an idea of the pay prospects. However, you find out quickly either during or post interview that the actual "budgeted" amount is at least $25K - $30K LESS than the LO-HI range. In addition, the range is broken up into 4 quartiles, and the budgeted salary winds up being in the lowest quartile or very minimum $$$. To offset the lack of money, they then try to lure you in with their GREAT benefits and tuition reimbursement -- excellent benefits for sure, but one still has to maintain their cost of living. Plus, you still have to pay for parking on UD premises. Talk about Bait&Switch -- Very unethical practice to luring competent candidates into UD. If the entire salary range is unattainable for new hires, then state it as such or provide the actual budgeted range, but don't try to deceive new recruits, which just presents a poor image of UD as a top employer.

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter after reading job ad; already knew the hiring professor.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy, knew the professor and had taken the class. Did not have to answer and specific questions since we already had a relationship. I had taken the course the previous semester so everything was fresh in my head.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase required.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

Just speak to any professor that is doing research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in September 2012.

Interview

I worked as a student intern and was transitioned to a permanent position after 9 months. The interview was straight to the point as it was a skilled position. People are generally nice and interested in your own work as well.