University of Delaware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Delaware Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

3+ months. Starts with a phone interview, then a full day of on campus interviews with panels and individuals. The questions weren't too challenging, but it was a lengthy process. UD is an amazing place to work, though, so it was well worth it. The one thing to be aware of is that on average, 60 plus people are applying for the same job, so be sure to make yourself standout in your resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about FERPA, ADA, and HIPAA and how they relate to this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple. They offered a salary and I asked for a little more and it was agreed. UD has salary ranges listed on their website, so use that as a guide.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE).

Interview

Process initially moved quickly. Communication prior to interview was via email and telephone. Phone interview lasted for around 20-30 minutes and consisted of 3 staff members from the Career Services Center. Within 2 weeks, I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview but the date that they proposed wasn't for another month. The on-campus interview was a 3/4 day event. They paid for my hotel the night before, meals the night before and day of, and then my transportation also. The interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with some key campus partners, a group interview with the CSC staff, a brief tour, and one-on-ones with department leadership. I also had to give a brief presentation on a topic relevant to the position. The staff was very welcoming and the department is heading a great direction in terms of leadership and vision. The only downside was that after my on-campus interview, I was told that I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks and it took a month for me to receive a phone call about the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to collaborate with other university departments who maybe do not want to work with you?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview included a presentation followed by lab visit and meeting with lab members.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. In the interview, the advisor mainly described the philosophy in her group, and asked me simple interview questions such as why you want to join my group? etc. Then I was asked to present my work in a separate skype interview. The presentation was set for 30 min + 30 mins for questions. I got some more detailed questions about my PhD research. 6-7 hours after the skype interview, I received another email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Typical interview for postdoctoral fellows, it involves a presentation of you work in your PhD program. You will also talk to other postdoctoral fellows and graduate students about their research before you will talk to the principle investigator.

Interview Questions

• the questions are typically related to your research project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation margin as the salary for a postdoctoral fellow is pretty standard among universities.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2012.

Interview

During the Skype interview, a couple of technical questions about my previous job were concerned, especially intellectual property-related issues because I have a lot of international patents. However, it never occurred an issue at all while I work as a postdoc at University of Delaware.

Interview Questions

• I could not answer a couple of questions properly although I was confident but failed to deliver over the Skype interview. I sent a follow-up email to the hiring boss about my anxiety but it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a raise and my hiring boss offered the upper limit. However, I could not get a relocation bonus.

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter after reading job ad; already knew the hiring professor.

Writing Center Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Delaware (New York, NY).

Interview

They contact you inviting you to apply. Then you have an interview with one of the leaders and a current tutor. If you're accepted, you take a semester-long class as training.

Limited Term Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

First interviewed by the hiring manager who asked very specific technical questions for the position. Then interviewed by several engineers in the group who mostly asked about my working experience, basic knowledge for the position. The last step was to be interviewed by the human resource department.

Interview Questions

• How many years of industrial experience do you have in this area?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware.

Interview

3 stage interview consisting of written application, followed by individual and group interviews. Group interviews require collaborative problem solving and demonstration of public speaking skills. Individual interview focused on personal interests and goals. Mainly conversational. Very fair questions, and very transparent regarding the hiring process. Many employees very involved in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If there was one negative aspect of the campus that you could change, how would you change it?   Answer Question