University of Delaware Interview Questions in Newark, DE | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.4

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview which took about 2 hours. They will introduce each other and then have some activities. 30 mins later, we were brought to another room to have individual interviews at 6 different tables. Most of them are current RAs, and they asked about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• what did you do as a leader?
      what will you do if your resident have issue with her/his roomates?
      Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

Called for interview roughly 24 hours in advance. Applied for multiple positions. No emailed confirmation of interview time, date or which position interview was for.
    Panel was on speaker could barely hear the questions being asked, had to consistently ask each panelist to repeat each question. The frustration transferred through their tone. This is already a tedious and nerving process. This was not at all a good experience.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Handshake, was emailed to come in for an interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with the then-marketing manager and a current intern. I initially applied for an internship for the spring semester, but about a week after my interview they let me know that they no longer needed an intern. Then towards the end of the spring semester, they emailed me letting me know that they had an opening for the summer and wanted to bring me on. I accepted the internship offer and have now been working for them for almost two years.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

It is about 30min interview and the professor asked some question about the project on my resume.
    He asked easy questions and it was a very happy talk. I think the process depend on the professor individually. Hope everyone get funded.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was stress free. I wasn't prepared for a group interview, but it wasn't bad at all. The questions asked weren't difficult at all. The followed up with me a day after I interviewed and set the hiring process in motion. It was an easy transitions and the were clear about everything including the salary.

Interview Questions

• How my skills from previous roles would be applicable to the one I interviewed for.   1 Answer

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE).

Interview

Process initially moved quickly. Communication prior to interview was via email and telephone. Phone interview lasted for around 20-30 minutes and consisted of 3 staff members from the Career Services Center. Within 2 weeks, I was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview but the date that they proposed wasn't for another month. The on-campus interview was a 3/4 day event. They paid for my hotel the night before, meals the night before and day of, and then my transportation also. The interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with some key campus partners, a group interview with the CSC staff, a brief tour, and one-on-ones with department leadership. I also had to give a brief presentation on a topic relevant to the position. The staff was very welcoming and the department is heading a great direction in terms of leadership and vision. The only downside was that after my on-campus interview, I was told that I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks and it took a month for me to receive a phone call about the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to collaborate with other university departments who maybe do not want to work with you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application (not online) and after a few days I got an email to schedule an interview. The interview was very simple since most of the questions were the same as the ones on the application.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. In the interview, the advisor mainly described the philosophy in her group, and asked me simple interview questions such as why you want to join my group? etc. Then I was asked to present my work in a separate skype interview. The presentation was set for 30 min + 30 mins for questions. I got some more detailed questions about my PhD research. 6-7 hours after the skype interview, I received another email stating that I got the job.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple and laid back after taking a course with the professor that I wanted to work for. Flexible hours but a lot is expected of you depending on the lab you choose.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of interviews including an interview with a six person search committee, immediate team and volunteers I'd be working with, once hired. I was surprised that it took a month to hear back with an offer-- I almost accepted another offer to work somewhere else.