University of Delaware Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Delaware Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Delaware

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. In the interview, the advisor mainly described the philosophy in her group, and asked me simple interview questions such as why you want to join my group? etc. Then I was asked to present my work in a separate skype interview. The presentation was set for 30 min + 30 mins for questions. I got some more detailed questions about my PhD research. 6-7 hours after the skype interview, I received another email stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Delaware

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Typical interview for postdoctoral fellows, it involves a presentation of you work in your PhD program. You will also talk to other postdoctoral fellows and graduate students about their research before you will talk to the principle investigator.

Interview Questions

• the questions are typically related to your research project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation margin as the salary for a postdoctoral fellow is pretty standard among universities.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Delaware (Newark, DE) in January 2012.

Interview

During the Skype interview, a couple of technical questions about my previous job were concerned, especially intellectual property-related issues because I have a lot of international patents. However, it never occurred an issue at all while I work as a postdoc at University of Delaware.

Interview Questions

• I could not answer a couple of questions properly although I was confident but failed to deliver over the Skype interview. I sent a follow-up email to the hiring boss about my anxiety but it turned out to be a minor issue anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a raise and my hiring boss offered the upper limit. However, I could not get a relocation bonus.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter after reading job ad; already knew the hiring professor.