University of Derby UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Derby UK Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Derby UK

2.9

Interview

Online interview, panel with 3 people asking questions about background, motivation, future vision, goals/mission statement of the university, why applying for this position at this time etc , then scientific presentation to different audience

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Excellent, fair, understanding and very professional Interview panel. Very well-organized interview, I began with a 20-minute presentation, followed by some general questions and professional questions. Finally, the panel answered all my queries about the role and the University.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK in November 2019.

Interview

Application to interview quite straightforward. The recruitment system was easy to use. 2 step interview with a main panel and a panel of colleagues. A tour was also offered, both offered a great chance to meet new colleagues.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buxton, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Buxton, East Midlands, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Upon arrival the atmosphere of the University was quite nice with the receptionist who was rather welcoming and knew I was there for a job interview. The 2 members of the team that I met were very nice and friendly and the overall interview was well-conducted with a nice variety of questions. The only thing which confused me a little was the fact that there wasn't a table at the interview room to sit at - just chairs to sit on which I found distracting. But other than that, it was great. Although I didn't get the job, the feedback was very helpful and I'm going to use it towards improving myself when I get my next job interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame a challenge and the necessary steps you took to do so?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Derby UK.

Interview

Very basic questions, quite impressed with very simple customer service skills. I was considered for a more senior role but did not consider my experience to be supervisory enough.

Interview Questions

• Please give one example when you've worked in a team to deliver good customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Derby UK in August 2018.

Interview

less than one hour interview
    The interview process is a one stage process . The interview process includes
    about 10 Interview Questions
     includes
    how to describe your research to 14 years kid?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Pre-interview telephone screening, followed by a competency-based interview. Three people on the interview panel. Communication on the process was great and I was made to feel at ease by the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in providing meaningful quantitative data.   Answer Question

Employment Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

applied with CV and covering letter as vacancy was advertised through the student employment agency.
    Took a week to respond and was invited to interview.
    Interview involved a roleplay in which a "student" wanted advice on his CV . I was able to use any tools within the Hub including the computer and leaflets available during this. I choose not to but did use highlighters to aid the role-play.
    This was followed by a three panel interview, but was very informal and relaxed.
    I was phoned the same day and informed I was successful.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think our graduates go once they have completed university?   1 Answer
    • what is your understanding of the graduate labour market?   1 Answer
    • any questions?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Derby UK in April 2018.

Interview

The interview format is 45mins interview in front of panels and 20mins presentation. The panels for interview include professor, associate professor, dean and senior level staff. While the presentation is in front of a mixed audience of academics and students (PhD, master and bachelor) followed by 5mins of a question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach and prepare for teaching to enhance students learning experience?   Answer Question

PGCE Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited to attend a selection day for the PGCE Primary programme in 2017. I felt completely at ease throughout the morning and everyone was lovely. I was offered a place on the course.