University of Dundee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Dundee Interview Questions

3.6

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was greeted at the reception by an existing team member, shown around the offices, offered water and then shown into the interview room where there was a panel of 3. The panel members introduced themselves, explained what form the interview questions would take.

Interview Questions

• What is the journey of the undergraduate and how could I assist them.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after the closing date was invited to attend an interview. It was a panel with 4 members of staff, each representating different stakeholders. I was asked to prepare a presentation in advance. I was specifically told not to use visual aids - an instruction I ignored! The first 15 minutes of the interview was given over to the presentation, and then there were 45 minutes of fairly informal questioning. The panel made me feel very welcome, and when they offered me the role I was happy to accept.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Dundee in December 2014.

Interview

It started with a 10 min skype interview screen and followed by an on-site interview.
    On-site interview starte with a chat with a lab member, a presentation and interviewed by an interview pannel, a lunch or coffee with group members, 1:1 interview with the line manager, and a quick lab tour.

Interview Questions

• Asking for a presentation including a research proposal, technical questions, how do you see yourself in 5 year time   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

I actively sought out my supervisor during my undergraduate degree. They like prospective students to show initiative. Do your homework before the interview. For a PhD position research what the lab has worked on in the past and what work you will be doing in your project. Ask questions about the project in the interview. Make sure and demonstrate that you are committed to the project long term (PhD positions are generally 3-4 years). They are looking for someone with brains but also someone that will fit well into the lab so try and convey your personality in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

With PhD positions the stipend is normally set. Basic salaries are £13,500 but MRC/Wellcome trust/CASE studentships are more £16-19,000.

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Dundee (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in June 2009.

Interview

Oral presentation with demanding audience of experts. Hard on the questions, aimed at destabilising the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not negotiate. The most important thing should be your interest in science.