University of Florida Interview Questions in Florida | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Very informal and easy to handle. The one hour didn't feel that long with each professor. Had to meet 3-4 professors, discuss about your research experience and your future goals and listen to their research interests. The professors also explained about the working styles in their environments and showed around their lab and labmates.

Interview Questions

• What has been your research experience and what are you interested in working in the future?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

You have the most seniority...you want this job? I had been a graduate student with external funding for 3 years. So getting offered funding for one semester from UF was not really a big deal

Os Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was a group panel interview, consisting of six members of the professional staff and 6 individuals up for promotion. Each individual up for promotion was given the opportunity to be the first to answer a question and this proceeded down the line of interviewees. The interview ended with a Q and A segment.

Teaching Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

2 interviews.
    The first one was one hour, interviewed by 3 different professors/former worker. Typical interview questions, followed by a simulation of a typical lab. 3 choices provided: pH tests, spectrophotometers, acid/base titration.
    The second one was just meeting with your future boss, the departmental dean, for detail personal questions.
    Very easy, but long time.

Interview Questions

• What's your passion? What's your 5 year career goal? Why you apply for this job? How did you deal with challenge?   Answer Question

Educational Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview and then face-to-face two weeks later. Initial screening process began with a telephone interview. Within two weeks I was asked for a face-to-tace interview. This was a 1:1 interview with the Grant Writer of the project and the other specialist via on-line connection - she was out-of-sate.

The interview seemed very straight forward for the position. I felt very hopeful after being told I was one of only three candidates being interviewed in-person; after initial screening.

At the end of the interview I was given a brief tour of working space and told that the decision would be made within a week. Three weeks later I was sent a canned 'email' thanking me for my time and they had hired another candidate, not from the interviewer, but from someone in Human Resources.

I would have preferred a direct call. from the director or interviewe me, with personal feedback and/or constructive criticism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience running/monitoring a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your data collection and analysis experience.   Answer Question

Immigration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 10 people together. They were all very nice. Each of them asked one or two questions. I thought I did well in the interview and my experience fits the position. Three weeks after the interview, they sent me an email saying they hired another candidate. I guess they preferred someone who has UF background.

Interview Questions

• How do you say No to your client?
      What service your previous school didn't provide and you think it is necessary?
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Smooth process with excellent communication from all parties.
    It was first a phone interview.
    Onsite interview was offered approximately 2 weeks later.
    There were two onsite interviews.
    Offer was made about a week after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• About previous experiences in the setting for which you are interviewing.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The application was a Quick essay, I then waited about 2-3 months to hear whether or not I got in. The essay asked me to describe time when I had to overcome a struggle and how I did it. The wait was a bit longer than other universities.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. There were three student managers in the room. They asked the typical questions such as your weaknesses and strengths. They also asked everyone a funny, silly question at the end.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The leader of engineer asks me about questions of database and web development ,like the order of execution of SQL language, php, html, and how a webpage is retrieved .