University of Florida Interview Questions in Gainesville, FL | Glassdoor

2.6

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Director for Career Education and Exploration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, then an on campus interview. The phone interview focused on my educational and professional background. The on campus interview focused on:

- sharing with the staff and faculty about my professional experiences
    -giving a presentation about supporting graduate and international students
    - learning about the functions of career services on campus

Interview Questions

• How would you support graduate and international students on campus?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on UF Jobs online and heard back about a week later for an interview. Interview was board style via Skype due to me being out of state. I heard back a day later scheduling a follow up one on one interview via Skype with the vice chairman of the department. About 4 days later (weekend included) I heard back and was informed that I was the top candidate and after a background check would receive a job offer.

Extension Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with 5 people. The interview took place in Gainesville on the UF campus. I interviewed specifically for the Florida Friendly Landscaping (FFL) Extension Agent I position. After the interview process two people were chosen for a seminar phase, where you had to talk/teach about a specific topic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I knew about IFAS.
      They asked me specific questions about the program I would be hired on with, like the 9 FFL principles.
      Why did I want to work for IFAS?
      How I prefer a supervisor to work with me?
      What are my hobbies?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Very informal and easy to handle. The one hour didn't feel that long with each professor. Had to meet 3-4 professors, discuss about your research experience and your future goals and listen to their research interests. The professors also explained about the working styles in their environments and showed around their lab and labmates.

Interview Questions

• What has been your research experience and what are you interested in working in the future?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to take a course named Mgmt of Unit operations in a chemical engineering department. Its a graduate course of 3 credits. If you perform well in that course, you will be selected for part-time teaching assistant and get paid.

Interview Questions

• Explain chemical engineering unit operations involved in experiments such as batch/continuous distillation or cooling tower?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very calm; the professor asked me a couple questions about the class and that was pretty much it. Besides that, the professor asked me about my background in teaching, I said that I had none and it was no issue at all.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

You have the most seniority...you want this job? I had been a graduate student with external funding for 3 years. So getting offered funding for one semester from UF was not really a big deal

Os Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was a group panel interview, consisting of six members of the professional staff and 6 individuals up for promotion. Each individual up for promotion was given the opportunity to be the first to answer a question and this proceeded down the line of interviewees. The interview ended with a Q and A segment.

Teaching Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

2 interviews.
    The first one was one hour, interviewed by 3 different professors/former worker. Typical interview questions, followed by a simulation of a typical lab. 3 choices provided: pH tests, spectrophotometers, acid/base titration.
    The second one was just meeting with your future boss, the departmental dean, for detail personal questions.
    Very easy, but long time.

Interview Questions

• What's your passion? What's your 5 year career goal? Why you apply for this job? How did you deal with challenge?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

you apply online, wait a few weeks for the supervisor to review resumes and select top applicants for interview, received an email requesting an interview, planned interview, did interview within a couple days, received a call with an offer less than a week after.