University of Florida Interview Questions in Gainesville, FL | Glassdoor

2.6

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months. Part one of interview was a one on one with the technician manager. Next, it was a panel interview with all the doctors of the service.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application through University of Florida jobs. They will contact you with an email for an interview. They offered for an in person or Skype interview. Two people interviewed me with mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your new ideas for social media?   1 Answer

Assistant Director for Career Education and Exploration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, then an on campus interview. The phone interview focused on my educational and professional background. The on campus interview focused on:

- sharing with the staff and faculty about my professional experiences
    -giving a presentation about supporting graduate and international students
    - learning about the functions of career services on campus

Interview Questions

• How would you support graduate and international students on campus?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on UF Jobs online and heard back about a week later for an interview. Interview was board style via Skype due to me being out of state. I heard back a day later scheduling a follow up one on one interview via Skype with the vice chairman of the department. About 4 days later (weekend included) I heard back and was informed that I was the top candidate and after a background check would receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself using 3 adjectives.   1 Answer

Extension Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with 5 people. The interview took place in Gainesville on the UF campus. I interviewed specifically for the Florida Friendly Landscaping (FFL) Extension Agent I position. After the interview process two people were chosen for a seminar phase, where you had to talk/teach about a specific topic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I knew about IFAS.
      They asked me specific questions about the program I would be hired on with, like the 9 FFL principles.
      Why did I want to work for IFAS?
      How I prefer a supervisor to work with me?
      What are my hobbies?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Very informal and easy to handle. The one hour didn't feel that long with each professor. Had to meet 3-4 professors, discuss about your research experience and your future goals and listen to their research interests. The professors also explained about the working styles in their environments and showed around their lab and labmates.

Interview Questions

• What has been your research experience and what are you interested in working in the future?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to take a course named Mgmt of Unit operations in a chemical engineering department. Its a graduate course of 3 credits. If you perform well in that course, you will be selected for part-time teaching assistant and get paid.

Interview Questions

• Explain chemical engineering unit operations involved in experiments such as batch/continuous distillation or cooling tower?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very calm; the professor asked me a couple questions about the class and that was pretty much it. Besides that, the professor asked me about my background in teaching, I said that I had none and it was no issue at all.

SCOC Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a week later. Went in and met with three supervisors, they asked me a few questions. I left then waited a couple days to find out the result. I then had orientation a week after that , which was ac couple hours long. Overall it wasnt too hard of an experience and it didnt take way too long for it all to be completed.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

You have the most seniority...you want this job? I had been a graduate student with external funding for 3 years. So getting offered funding for one semester from UF was not really a big deal