University of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Florida Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.6

Preview Staffer Interview

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews. First round is a group interview, the second is with staffer and faculty member, and the third round is with the professional staff team.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

The interview was brief and friendly. Not many Technical questions were asked. They were ready with my resume and had much knowledge already. They liked my conduct and personality and so offered me the position.

Operations Associate At Rec Sports Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview

The interview was honestly humiliating and the worst interview experience I have ever been through. It was a group interview of 16 people, all fighting over the attention of five supervisors. We were split into groups of four, with a supervisor to evaluate our ability to solve a problem as a team. There was obvious favoritism as the supervisor for my group was giving high fives to my fellow team members and asking them how they were doing. We were then asked to come up with a group presentation within our group on a topic that was given to us. My group presented, and the evaluator asked us questions condescendingly and shook his head when we didn't "answer correctly", essentially embarrassing us in front of the group. For a job that pays minimum wage, this interview was absolutely unnecessary! I also thought it was very strange that they had a photo of me from my student ID on their evaluation sheet before I walked into the interview. This makes me think that potential discrimination could have taken place.

Interview Questions

• If you were to put together a presentation to new operational associates, how would you present the information?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application through University of Florida jobs. They will contact you with an email for an interview. They offered for an in person or Skype interview. Two people interviewed me with mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your new ideas for social media?   1 Answer

Assistant Director for Career Education and Exploration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, then an on campus interview. The phone interview focused on my educational and professional background. The on campus interview focused on:

- sharing with the staff and faculty about my professional experiences
    -giving a presentation about supporting graduate and international students
    - learning about the functions of career services on campus

Interview Questions

• How would you support graduate and international students on campus?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on UF Jobs online and heard back about a week later for an interview. Interview was board style via Skype due to me being out of state. I heard back a day later scheduling a follow up one on one interview via Skype with the vice chairman of the department. About 4 days later (weekend included) I heard back and was informed that I was the top candidate and after a background check would receive a job offer.

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back within five days by phone. The on site interview process took one day and was a one on one interview with a graduate student.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida in May 2017.

Interview

Got the call from hiring manager to set up a phone interview. One week later got another call about skype interview. Then they checked my references and moved forward to background check. Then I got the offer.

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy (consisting of phone and on-site interviews) and you can go months without hearing any information. The on-site interview is a full day of meeting with different departments , presenting on a specified topic and ending with a dinner.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult employee interaction and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Extension Agent Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview

Was called by phone to interview within a few weeks of submitting my application. 2 interviewed people were selected to do a presentation before the county extension office they would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about IFAS? Did I know any extension agents? What was my ideal working situation? Questions pertaining to the job description were asked.   Answer Question