University of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Extension Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with 5 people. The interview took place in Gainesville on the UF campus. I interviewed specifically for the Florida Friendly Landscaping (FFL) Extension Agent I position. After the interview process two people were chosen for a seminar phase, where you had to talk/teach about a specific topic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I knew about IFAS.
      They asked me specific questions about the program I would be hired on with, like the 9 FFL principles.
      Why did I want to work for IFAS?
      How I prefer a supervisor to work with me?
      What are my hobbies?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Florida.

Interview

Interview was with the Professor only, he asked about my research background and explained his. The interview was about one hour. I explained the bullet points of my resume, and the similarities between our field of work.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Very informal and easy to handle. The one hour didn't feel that long with each professor. Had to meet 3-4 professors, discuss about your research experience and your future goals and listen to their research interests. The professors also explained about the working styles in their environments and showed around their lab and labmates.

Interview Questions

• What has been your research experience and what are you interested in working in the future?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Florida (New York, NY).

Interview

I didn't apply for this position, but my supervisor contacted me since I have been working with him. I was interviewed at other university for faculty positions, but didn't receive the desired offer though I turned down a pretty good offer from a university. My supervisor has some interesting projects.

Web Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Florida (New York, NY).

Interview

It's not one-on-one: generally there are several people in the room asking questions. We all sat in a conference room and there were both formal questions and open conversation with a chance to see if the personalities meshed. It lasted a little over an hour.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to take a course named Mgmt of Unit operations in a chemical engineering department. Its a graduate course of 3 credits. If you perform well in that course, you will be selected for part-time teaching assistant and get paid.

Interview Questions

• Explain chemical engineering unit operations involved in experiments such as batch/continuous distillation or cooling tower?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

You have the most seniority...you want this job? I had been a graduate student with external funding for 3 years. So getting offered funding for one semester from UF was not really a big deal

Os Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The interview was a group panel interview, consisting of six members of the professional staff and 6 individuals up for promotion. Each individual up for promotion was given the opportunity to be the first to answer a question and this proceeded down the line of interviewees. The interview ended with a Q and A segment.

Teaching Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

2 interviews.
    The first one was one hour, interviewed by 3 different professors/former worker. Typical interview questions, followed by a simulation of a typical lab. 3 choices provided: pH tests, spectrophotometers, acid/base titration.
    The second one was just meeting with your future boss, the departmental dean, for detail personal questions.
    Very easy, but long time.

Interview Questions

• What's your passion? What's your 5 year career goal? Why you apply for this job? How did you deal with challenge?   Answer Question

Educational Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview and then face-to-face two weeks later. Initial screening process began with a telephone interview. Within two weeks I was asked for a face-to-tace interview. This was a 1:1 interview with the Grant Writer of the project and the other specialist via on-line connection - she was out-of-sate.

The interview seemed very straight forward for the position. I felt very hopeful after being told I was one of only three candidates being interviewed in-person; after initial screening.

At the end of the interview I was given a brief tour of working space and told that the decision would be made within a week. Three weeks later I was sent a canned 'email' thanking me for my time and they had hired another candidate, not from the interviewer, but from someone in Human Resources.

I would have preferred a direct call. from the director or interviewe me, with personal feedback and/or constructive criticism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience running/monitoring a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your data collection and analysis experience.   Answer Question