University of Georgia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Georgia Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Georgia

2.1

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Georgia in April 2015.

Interview

Very quick, in person interview. Basically just asked why I wanted the job and how I would go about performing it.The goal was to make sure I was actually interested in the position and passionate about the speciality and students. Sat in a room with two interviewers and answered their very basic questions for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with students who don't respond to your messages?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Must know the lab director in order to secure a position in the lab. Interview is brief and very informal. 99% of students coming in for an interview have already gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you serious about archaeology? Do you want to be an archaeologist? If no to either of questions, it's unlikely someone will be hired to work at the lab.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

those are really nice people who wont make you feel nerves. I have the whole lab interviewed me, each one of them asked a question. after that, they asked me see if i have any question for the lab. then a lab tour followed by the interview.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It wasnt too hard, only 4 questions and they were fairly straight forward. It was nothing to be nervous about, be sure to mention previous work experience. Also remember to dress nicely

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with three supervisors - applied through UGA HR website. Process can take very long and verification through I-9, background checks, etc is very cumbersome. In person interview, then called and offered position one week later. It is much easier for hiring if you are already in the UGA system.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from being a supervisor to workers older than you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Building Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Process is simple.
    you will be called and told what your base pay will be (no negotiation).
    you will sit down with a ton of questions that really add nothing to the position.

Interview Questions

• a monkey can answer these questions as long as your half-prepared.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

very short , a phone call then in person interview. I was asked about behavioural questions
    very relaxed atmosphere and staff was very nice.
    very common interview questions like how you would handle situations and etc

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 women, all heads of different areas within the department. The interview was only an hour, each one asked questions and took notes. Very relaxed, friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - how do you handle conflict with a co-worker, client, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview

I was a current temp worker, former student worker, so the interview was very informal and more of a legal technicality than a real interview.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

They called me on the phone and asked if I was still interested in the position. I was, and the interview was conducted two days later. I enjoyed the interview with the director of the department and her assistant, but unfortunately could not accept employment due to my visa status - the position did not require minimum of Bachelor degree education. Other than that it was a very pleasant interview.