University of Georgia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Georgia Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Georgia

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview

A group of four interviewers. Each asked two questions. It was more like a conversation instead of question and answers. Really got to know each other. I think it was an average interview process. It wasn't difficult but it wasn't super easy. They explained the details of the job very well so I would understand completely what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview

Interview was for the atlanta location -Executive Education. Interview was very condescending and rushed. They expected quick answers and I was repeatedly told to hurry. I didn’t even get an email telling me that I was not selected for another interview or a “we regret to inform you”. Just goes to show how UGA does business. I would not want to work in that type of environment. Not to mention pay is low and hours are expected to be long. Wouldn’t recommend working for UGA to anyone.

Interview Questions

• More than 10 questions that were very repetitive and scripted. Was not a conversation like it should be just question, answer, next.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview

Filled the application. A couple of days later, received an email. Came into the office for the interview the following week. Interviewed by two individuals. Was asked behavioral questions. Welcoming environment at the office.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was mainly behavioral questions, e.g. what's your accomplishments? Previous projects? How did you solve conflicts?
    They also asked some research experiences and details about projects.
    One round interview process

Research Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA).

Interview

It was an introductory interview so very simple. The interview process was a few day after I applied for the position and ment for work study students therefore there was not much to be nervous about. The researcher made me feel at ease by asking question that were relevant to me and then I was able to come to the lab and gain some insight on the lab. The interview experience worth while because I go the job and the researcher was very friendly and even the working experience was great.

Interview Questions

• How many hour will you commit per week?   1 Answer

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied on the UGA HR website. I was contacted via email 2 weeks after submitting requesting a phone interview. I interviewed with the communications team over the phone. Very basic questions about writing experience, working with a team, etc. I was contacted 4 days later and asked to come in for an in-person interview, which was broken into several parts: meeting with the senior communications director, meeting with the communications team, and meeting with the Dean of the college. All were very friendly and there were no curve ball questions. In-person interview lasted 2+ hours. I was hired the day after.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Georgia (Athens, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied early in Spring Semester and got an email back during the summer to interview for Fall Semester. Interviewed in early August. Very casual discussion. Got offer on the spot. Position is more about if your school schedule fits their needs than your specific skills/experiences.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with the two managers, they asked very standard questions (What are your strengths and weaknesses? What will you bring to the team?) and it was over in about 20-30 minutes. Was offered the job soon afterward.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

They asked me some basic statistic problems. And they also wanted to know whether I would like to stay in academia after graduation. The interviewers were very nice. They did not want you to know everything, just so see if your are a good person with potential.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Georgia.

Interview

Interviewees were required to create a presentation to be delivered to office personnel. It was not clear who all I would be presenting to; I had anticipated presenting to a few individuals in upper management, but found out when I arrived that I would be presenting to a large portion of the office (15-20 people). I found the Q&A to be helpful and a good opportunity for me to elaborate on my presentation and my goals for my role, if offered the position. While I found it helpful to meet a number of staff members, the interview half-day felt rushed, as if it had been planned relatively last-minute.

Interview Questions

• Which methods of recruitment do you believe would prove most effective in reaching students and promoting our study abroad programs here at UGA?   Answer Question