University of Hawai'i Interview Questions in Hawaii | Glassdoor

University of Hawai'i Interview Questions in Hawaii

2.1

Administrative and Fiscal Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Panel interview with four people. About one hour long. Each person took their turn to ask specific questions relating to your resume and experience. Then the questions got a little more detailed, asking specifics on how you would handle situations, why they should hire you, what are your best and worst qualities, what do you know about the Center and the University. The interview itself was pretty standard, although I really thought that having four people on my panel was a little intimidating. You feel very 'put on the spot'. In the end, it was fine. The nerves settled about 20 minutes into it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage several different projects at the same time.   Answer Question

HSHK Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

A currently employed technician presents questions that are commonly asked by students and professors waits for your reply. Answer as one should to solve computer issues and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• A student / professor complains that their laptop does not have internet connectivity. What is your response to this issue.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Skype interview with Principal Investigator. She called me on skype and asked me a number of questions regarding why I wanted the position and told me about her research interests. Things went down hill for me when she started asking about the ring she could see on my finger, my marriage status, and what my husband would be doing. It didn't come off like friendly chit-chat, but rather that I was being evaluated based on my marriage status (marriage=bad). I was highly qualified for this position, and I'm certain that she didn't call me back because of my marriage status. Which is deplorable, but I was turned off that she would even ask me that so I was fine to not be considered further.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a ring, are you married? What is your husband going to do if you get this job (we would be relocating to Hawaii)?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed. I just showed up and they asked a few simple questions; why do you want this job, etc.. Overall I had a very good experience because the interview was stress free.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in April 2014.

Interview

Talk to the lab coordinator and do paperwork, but have to apply through a form which was posted on the university website. I was an undergraduate in the department, and the department offered a teaching internship for credit, so I did that first to get some experience.

Informal Recreation Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in October 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Just had to submit an online application to the job on sece. Was called in by a manager and interview was held outside the office. It's good to have some experience to talk about either in a gym, outdoors, or in general customer service. I was pretty much hired on the spot and signed a bit more papers to put me on the payroll, etc.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences?
      What would you do with an unruly patron?
      Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

Online school wide campus search engine makes finding employment easy. Just have resume ready and be willing to follow up with prospective employers. Be courteous and respectful and you should get far. The process is designed for students so nobody is looking for the next genius...

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Lihue, HI) in April 2012.

Interview

Skype interview with screening committee- entire interview lasted about an hour. I was asked 12 questions that were very general and had little to do with the specifics of the job I was applying for (and got). Got the feeling that the search committee knew very little about the subject I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with curriculum development?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in February 2012.

Interview

I saw a listing on SECE and responded to the ad via email as per the directions. It took over a month for her to respond, but saw my qualifications and basically offered me the job via email. I went in to meet the professor and she explained the details of what she wanted me to do for her and offered me the chance to decline or accept.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience looking up things in databases?   1 Answer
    • Can you use Excel?   1 Answer

Instructional and Student Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in January 2012.

Interview

Upon seeing the position announcement online and realizing that it was closing the next day, I immediately mailed in my cover letter and resume to ensure next day delivery. Two months later, I received a phone call from a member of the hiring department for a 60 minute interview the following month; it was around the holiday season. Of course, I accepted. During next month, I prepared for the interview by reflecting on my own experiences working with students and programs, as well as researching more about the department, their programs/students/staff, and the University. I also contacted those individuals who I knew who worked there for their insider's point of view. The phone interview was conducted by a committee of staff and students. It was kind of disorganized, but I didn't let that affected me. I was asked all kinds of questions from student development, developing strategic relationships, event planning, leadership, etc. I didn't realize it, but this was the only and one interview that was going to happen. I would ensure that whenever applying, you ask the hiring department about the selection process. If I had known this beforehand, I would have prepared a little bit differently and answered questions more fully. When interviewing, interview like it's the one and only one - some sound advice. A couple of weeks later when following up with my candidacy status, they asked for more references to be contacted, since they couldn't get in touch with those individuals on my original list. I know that they contacted these individuals same day. A week later, I received a letter in the mail saying that I would not move on in the process.