University of Hawai'i Instructional and Student Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Hawai'i Instructional and Student Support Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Instructional and Student Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in January 2012.

Interview

Upon seeing the position announcement online and realizing that it was closing the next day, I immediately mailed in my cover letter and resume to ensure next day delivery. Two months later, I received a phone call from a member of the hiring department for a 60 minute interview the following month; it was around the holiday season. Of course, I accepted. During next month, I prepared for the interview by reflecting on my own experiences working with students and programs, as well as researching more about the department, their programs/students/staff, and the University. I also contacted those individuals who I knew who worked there for their insider's point of view. The phone interview was conducted by a committee of staff and students. It was kind of disorganized, but I didn't let that affected me. I was asked all kinds of questions from student development, developing strategic relationships, event planning, leadership, etc. I didn't realize it, but this was the only and one interview that was going to happen. I would ensure that whenever applying, you ask the hiring department about the selection process. If I had known this beforehand, I would have prepared a little bit differently and answered questions more fully. When interviewing, interview like it's the one and only one - some sound advice. A couple of weeks later when following up with my candidacy status, they asked for more references to be contacted, since they couldn't get in touch with those individuals on my original list. I know that they contacted these individuals same day. A week later, I received a letter in the mail saying that I would not move on in the process.

Interview Questions