University of Hawai'i Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Hawai'i Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.3

Multi Media Desk Tech Interview

Interview

The interview went fairly smoothly. They were very open to a flexible schedule as they knew students apply for the position. This helped out tremendously, as I was still able to go to class and study.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i.

Interview

More or less an informal interview focusing on current skills and potential ability to learn necessary skills related to the position. Also confirmed education background including high school and academic achievements as well as future area of studies and goals for the upcoming years.

Interview Questions

• What is your ability to input data quickly and accurately?   Answer Question

Administrative and Fiscal Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Panel interview with four people. About one hour long. Each person took their turn to ask specific questions relating to your resume and experience. Then the questions got a little more detailed, asking specifics on how you would handle situations, why they should hire you, what are your best and worst qualities, what do you know about the Center and the University. The interview itself was pretty standard, although I really thought that having four people on my panel was a little intimidating. You feel very 'put on the spot'. In the end, it was fine. The nerves settled about 20 minutes into it.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage several different projects at the same time.   Answer Question

HSHK Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

A currently employed technician presents questions that are commonly asked by students and professors waits for your reply. Answer as one should to solve computer issues and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• A student / professor complains that their laptop does not have internet connectivity. What is your response to this issue.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Skype interview with Principal Investigator. She called me on skype and asked me a number of questions regarding why I wanted the position and told me about her research interests. Things went down hill for me when she started asking about the ring she could see on my finger, my marriage status, and what my husband would be doing. It didn't come off like friendly chit-chat, but rather that I was being evaluated based on my marriage status (marriage=bad). I was highly qualified for this position, and I'm certain that she didn't call me back because of my marriage status. Which is deplorable, but I was turned off that she would even ask me that so I was fine to not be considered further.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a ring, are you married? What is your husband going to do if you get this job (we would be relocating to Hawaii)?   1 Answer

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i.

Interview

hired through either UH or RCUH, they have 2 human resources as they are both inefficient. All adverts are placed online either at work@uh or RCUH.com. potential applicants are then sent back to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Really depends on the type of job you are going for academic or otherwise   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get what they offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed. I just showed up and they asked a few simple questions; why do you want this job, etc.. Overall I had a very good experience because the interview was stress free.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i.

Interview

Application process is extensive including answering questions as to how you meet minimum and desired qualifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in April 2014.

Interview

Talk to the lab coordinator and do paperwork, but have to apply through a form which was posted on the university website. I was an undergraduate in the department, and the department offered a teaching internship for credit, so I did that first to get some experience.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

The process is different depending on which department you work for. I applied for the same position in two different places. Sometimes your interview will be all technical. I ended up having an additional interview that was more customer-service related. Just know your stuff :)
    I had nice interviewers, thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I've ever had (and it wasn't difficult in a hard/easy way, but in a what do I do?! way) was when I was asked how I would act if I was working with the angry President of the school, but had to leave due to scheduling conflict. It was just awkward.   1 Answer