University of Hawai'i Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Hawai'i Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Hawai'i

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i.

Interview

hired through either UH or RCUH, they have 2 human resources as they are both inefficient. All adverts are placed online either at work@uh or RCUH.com. potential applicants are then sent back to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Really depends on the type of job you are going for academic or otherwise   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get what they offer.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in February 2011.

Interview

Professional, intelectualy oriented. They asked me how to actually solve a problem the University was having with senior students droping out of school in their senior year. I gave them several potential actions I would have taken. I was taken by suprise but I got several answers for them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of research have you done?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed. I just showed up and they asked a few simple questions; why do you want this job, etc.. Overall I had a very good experience because the interview was stress free.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in November 2009.

Interview

phone interview. Talked about my previous experience, then talked about the PI's lab

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a listak in the lab, and how did you go about fixing the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, salaries are pretty muchset

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview was challenging. It is good to go well prepared by reading the information about the research projects.

Interview Questions

• When asked about specific questions relating to the research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, students do not have that privilege. We can given a certain pay scale based on work experience.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The search committee chair and several faculty were very nice, but a department chair asked "Is anyone coming with you?" He should know better. It took months to get reimbursed, and they never got back to me about acceptance/rejection.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in July 2011.

Interview

I got an interview soon after I sent in my application. This student ambassador program is new and they were looking for students to fill up these positions. I spoke with the supervisor in her office for about 30 minutes. She asked me why I'm interested in the position and what I could offer to the office.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

Online school wide campus search engine makes finding employment easy. Just have resume ready and be willing to follow up with prospective employers. Be courteous and respectful and you should get far. The process is designed for students so nobody is looking for the next genius...

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Lihue, HI) in April 2012.

Interview

Skype interview with screening committee- entire interview lasted about an hour. I was asked 12 questions that were very general and had little to do with the specifics of the job I was applying for (and got). Got the feeling that the search committee knew very little about the subject I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with curriculum development?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hawai'i (Honolulu, HI) in June 2009.

Interview

Knowing someone who already works for the University really greases the gears. I assume they checked my resume but the interview was mostly a description of the courses I was going to be teaching.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you in a culturally and linguistically mixed classroom and how will you handle the communication issues that will arise from the mix?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. The budgets are all set the prior year and they are not flexible.