University of Hawaii at Manoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Hawaii at Manoa

2.4

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people at one time. Which was nice to get all the interviews out of the way at once. Everyone was very nice and they talked a lot about the projects they had going on. It wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What is the result of the following funciton?
      var sentence = "The cat is black"
      console.log( sentence.split(' ').reverse().join(' ');)   1 Answer

Institutional Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

They asked the standard questions, none were very hard but I was taken aback by the amount of people in the room. It's standard for them to hold panel interviews, but mine had 7 people and another interview we held for another position had 10. You will probably be interviewing with the chair of the department and key members of the staff. After the first interview, I was called in for a second which ended up being a job offer and an opportunity to meet the rest of the office staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary for entry level is non-negotiable.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

There is a hiring committee that does a "round robin" style of interview questions. It can take up to three interviews before getting the job. It is a long process from the time you submit an application to getting hired.

Interview Questions

• They are standard questions, but study the job description closely since the questions come from there.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was limited to students who had taken ICS390 from the ICS101-B track and had shown potential for excellence. The interview process was a single panel interview consisting of the main professor, the assistant professor, and the graduate assistant.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we could improve the course?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa.

Interview

I did not apply and there was no interview. I applied for graduate school, got in, and was offered this job to pay for my schooling.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa in September 2009.

Interview

Sent the application (resume, application form, cover letter, references) was interviewed by 2 professors, had my references checked, and started working ASAP. I started working very shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with statistical analysis and SPSS?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume, and within a week I was called and emailed to set up an interview time. The interview process was not intimidating, and very laid back. They asked me questions about previous experience, and how I would handle specific situations.

Interview Questions

• What can bring to our office? (in terms of abilities, strengths)   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty fast and easy. I submitted my resume online, but got rejected the first time. However, I think they keep your resume on the system for 6 months and so I got an email asking if I was interested in an internship. I replied and was given an online assessment to do within a week. The assessment consisted of 7 simple debugging questions and I was given 20 minutes to do them. After that, I got another email saying they wanted a phone interview. I replied with my availability and I now have an interview coming up soon.

Interview Questions

• None of the assessment questions were particularly hard, just have to be quick.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa (Honolulu, HI) in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume on sece website and was contacted for interview. Was panel interviewed by 3 people who asked basic interview questions. Contacted later about job offer.

Educational Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hawaii at Manoa.

Interview

They asked standard interview questions about past work experiences and motivations for applying for the position. It seems that they base their questions off of the position description and qualifications so it is important to study that closely. Connections probably are a factor in whoever is offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at your previous position where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question