University of Hong Kong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.7

Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is super fun. People are divided into different groups for groupd discussions. There are around 10 people in each group. The interviewer will basically propose one to two questions and then simply sit there and listen. Interviewees are free to express their opinions on the questions or issues.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about the contradiction and similarities between western holidays and tranditional Chinese festivals?   Answer Question
    • How do you balance the economic development and environment protection   Answer Question

good

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong.

Interview

The director of the research center
    - To assist the on going research project runned by the center
    - Data analysis, database management
    - Writing research paper
    - conducting literature review
    - Helping to set up the workshop
    - Mainly focus on the chinese education improvement in the secondary and primary school

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the project professor for an interview. Agreed on time and went to the professor's office. The main professor and another professor from the same department interviewed me. It was more of an informal chit chat session than an interview. Told a bit about my experience and then received an offer the next day.

Very slow HR processing.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction about yourself?
      What do you expect from the job?
      RA is not a permanent job, so what are your aims and goals?
      What is your dissertation about? What is your research interest?
      Previous experience as an RA?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Should be standardised salary based on your highest education and previous experience.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received call inviting to the first interview 1 week after application submitted.
    Required to complete written test within 1h. Then will meet 4 interviewers including the human resources manager.
    2 days after first interview, received call inviting to the second interview. Interview with the director and the human resources manager for roughly an hour.

Undergraduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)).

Interview

Applied on line (with a short "statement of purpose" in English), after getting the results of the National College Entrance Examination, I was told to go to Guangzhou for a group interview. (Although all the students in the interview were from China, they need to use English in the interview)

Interview Questions

• The first question is to introduce yourself briefly.   Answer Question
    • The second question is a group discussion about your opinions on the Chinese tradition of eating shark fin.   1 Answer

Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

1. Online programming test. Five questions to answer, the difficulty is low for people with basic algorithmic backgrounds, and you should have enough time to finish the test.

2. Two to one first-round interview. The atmosphere is okay but should ask more relevant questions.

3. Second-round interview with three people. I need to present one programming project I have done before. One of them is a professor, the professor didn't really quite focus on the presentation.

Site Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

There were a panel of four female interviewers. They asked me to introduce myself, asked about my previous experience and tested my English and Mandarin. Questions were fairly simple but I felt they seemed very surprised that I am interested in this position, or clinical research in general. Some questions were asked in a tone which made me feel like I was being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in clinical research?
      What can you do after gaining experience from us?
      Answer Question

RAi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

A friend helped to submit my resume to employer and an interview was arranged afterwards. The interview lasted for around 20 minutes and I thought did it well but i didn't get it at last.
    And after one week of the interview, I was informed with the result.

Student Helper Interview

Interview

5 people in a group discussing about logistics, what would you do when you are with them to a popular shopping mall for a research, but there are so many people; Professor Luk did the interview himself, and in the end 4 of us got selected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

time of work

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2014.

Interview

1st interview: Nothing sepcial
    3 interviewers

-Self introduction in English
    Questions like:
    -Why would you choose this job
    -Are you familiar with our department
    -What do you expect from this job
    in Cantonese
    ...

2nd interview: Written test
    -Create a database of the details from different business cards using Excel
    -Type a letter to Director expaining the travel arrangement
    Time is quite short, seems like 45 mins to finish two assignment

Meet another interviewer after written test
    It was like chatting instead of interview

Interview Questions

• -Self introduction in English
      -Why would you choose this job
      -Are you familiar with our department
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no any negotiation phase