University of Houston Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Houston Associate Director Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews. The process took about 2 months. Everyone seemed pleasant and I was asked to attend a meeting. Seemed like a good idea at the time and figured it would give me a chance to meet my potential future coworkers. Unfortunately, since it was an actual meeting there was no engagement and no one asked me any questions nor I them. However, I sensed that I was being closely evaluated. In retrospect I should have politely declined to attend the meeting. A brief lunch would have been better and would have provided an opportunity for some engagement.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your work was used to help make decisions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Houston

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I saw the position advertised through a professional association. The closing date was that day so I took a chance and emailed the hiring manager about whether I should still apply since it was a sure bet that they already had a lot of applicants. The manager sent back an immediate reply that the department would welcome my application. Soon after I sent my resume and cover letter, I was invited for an interview cycle.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard behavior-based interview questions ("Tell us about a time when...") with a couple more hard-hitting questions about why I wanted to work at UH. One interviewer didn't seem satisfied with my responses and no matter what I said, she kept asking the same question but phrased slightly differently each time. I was starting to get frustrated but I stayed calm and later I found out that she recommended that I be hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but the offer was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Met with the Department Head and discussed the advantages of the position and how I could best perform the duties. It was important to have a clear view of where the program was and where it should be going. Specifics weren't needed just a clear plan for overall program growth. Networking was a key to getting into this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In academia money is usually tight and negotiations were limited for pay. Consider other resources you may want... ie. office with window.