University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Houston Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.4

Production and Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, I arrived at the building and asked for my interviewer, after a few minutes we walked to a meeting room and I was interviewed by the direct manager and a colleague. The interview questions were very standard behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was quick, and my interviewer was very friendly. There are many behavioral questions, and they refer to your resume a lot. They asked me about 7 questions, and there was one about behaving in a group.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, not nearly as many questions, almost as if they did not have a surplus of candidates. The person hiring you is going to be your boss most of the time.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

It was a one on one behavioral interview conducted by the director & the program manager. Very cordial yet very professional and objective interview. I had contacted the program manager through email, after reviewing my resume, they called me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term ambition?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Saw the online posting on the professor's research website. Applied via email to the professor. Got replies and scheduled a phone interview. I presented my Ph.D. defense PPT to the professor and he asked questions.

Intramural Sports Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring process is mainly training clinics to prove that you are competent enough to do the job and you have basic skills required for it. An understanding of the sport is vital to being successful

Interview Questions

• Have you participated in intramural sports?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email contact based on qualifications. Asked questions related to my courses at my University. Asked questions on SQL, EXCEL, statistics and SPSS. Asked me one question on resolving a SPSS script error. They also asked me about my experience. Additionally they asked about the assignments as a research Assistant.

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

An interview was very quick - less than 15 minutes, i believe. 90% of the time she was describing the rules and position requirements. You have to work more on mid-terms and finals dates. NO tuition waiver at business CASA location.

Interview Questions

• Asked what days and time am I available   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with three person panel. It lasted for about 30 mins. As it was a C/C+
    Teaching Assistant position, there was a coding test too

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

- Dressed in a Business Casual attire
    - The interviewer will review your resume and address your skills and work experience
    -Lastly she/he will describe the work that will be done in the office as a student worker
    -one on one interview
    -she will then review your skills and then talk to the Department Chair and give you a call