University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

apply on the web, and wait for the interview call from the manager in about 2 weeks
    the office is nice over there, and people are very nice and helpful on the day of interview
    the manager interview you face to face, and ask about your previous work experience, and skills you have, and the salary problem

Interview Questions

• your previous work experience, and skills you have, and the salary problem   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Interview

first I handed in the application form in person and the application form was the first round interview. the second round interview is an one-on-one interview or a group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. I just accepted it.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

it was quiet a unique process.Went in to turn in my resume but they had a vacancy and i could start the interview right then. They inquired about my past and already knew i was a former undergrad student

Interview Questions

• there asked what hours i'd prefer   1 Answer
    • asked what my experience was in the industry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Met with the Department Head and discussed the advantages of the position and how I could best perform the duties. It was important to have a clear view of where the program was and where it should be going. Specifics weren't needed just a clear plan for overall program growth. Networking was a key to getting into this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In academia money is usually tight and negotiations were limited for pay. Consider other resources you may want... ie. office with window.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I saw the position advertised through a professional association. The closing date was that day so I took a chance and emailed the hiring manager about whether I should still apply since it was a sure bet that they already had a lot of applicants. The manager sent back an immediate reply that the department would welcome my application. Soon after I sent my resume and cover letter, I was invited for an interview cycle.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard behavior-based interview questions ("Tell us about a time when...") with a couple more hard-hitting questions about why I wanted to work at UH. One interviewer didn't seem satisfied with my responses and no matter what I said, she kept asking the same question but phrased slightly differently each time. I was starting to get frustrated but I stayed calm and later I found out that she recommended that I be hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but the offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews. The process took about 2 months. Everyone seemed pleasant and I was asked to attend a meeting. Seemed like a good idea at the time and figured it would give me a chance to meet my potential future coworkers. Unfortunately, since it was an actual meeting there was no engagement and no one asked me any questions nor I them. However, I sensed that I was being closely evaluated. In retrospect I should have politely declined to attend the meeting. A brief lunch would have been better and would have provided an opportunity for some engagement.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your work was used to help make decisions.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Mostly the questions were from the resume, how we speak and all. Confidence is the key.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview focused on basic OOP concept. Also with emphasis on providing technical support and maintaining existing website. You should also be familiar with deploying the website at their own Windows 2003 server. They have their own domain so must have knowledge about Active Directory and how to manage the domain. Also, you must be good at Adobe Photoshop and Indesign because during international conferences and delegation visiting atleast 3-5 times a year, you may be asked to create logos and also to create posters and/or create a booklet in Indesign.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the education sector?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are experienced, you need not to negotiate. You are paid well.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

My interview was less formal then others, but during a meeting between UT and UH I was a consultant and spoke with someone who was working for UH and we talked about my skills and abilities, he found that I would be a good fill for an open spot.

Interview Questions

• What are the coding languages you are familiar with?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed in front of entire department of about 6 people. Asked standard interviews questions about background and experience. Asked to recreate a webpage to assess skill level. Showed samples of previous work.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in building websites? What's your biggest flaw? Name a time you were faced with a difficult decision.   Answer Question