University of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Email contact based on qualifications. Asked questions related to my courses at my University. Asked questions on SQL, EXCEL, statistics and SPSS. Asked me one question on resolving a SPSS script error. They also asked me about my experience. Additionally they asked about the assignments as a research Assistant.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a group of higher up staff. Everyone took a turn asking general interview questions, not intimidating, very nice. They seemed very interested in making sure they were picking the right person.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term and short-term goals?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews. The process took about 2 months. Everyone seemed pleasant and I was asked to attend a meeting. Seemed like a good idea at the time and figured it would give me a chance to meet my potential future coworkers. Unfortunately, since it was an actual meeting there was no engagement and no one asked me any questions nor I them. However, I sensed that I was being closely evaluated. In retrospect I should have politely declined to attend the meeting. A brief lunch would have been better and would have provided an opportunity for some engagement.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your work was used to help make decisions.   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston.

Interview

Recieved a call to set up and interview about 3weeks after submission. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 other people in the department. Interview was straightforward typical questions and behavioral scenarios.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

The application comes along with the application to grad-school

Interview Questions

• Usually TA is part of scholarship. They may ask if your English is qualified   Answer Question

PhD Seeking Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Houston in March 2014.

Interview

via skype, two professors, they asked several questions like what area are you interested in? Why do you choose this university? Why do you choose this major? and then just introduce their program

Interview Questions

• what area are you interested in?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Interview

In order to get hired, you are referred to a website depending upon the location you choose. Other locations would sit you down and ask your class schedule and what specific opportunities do you hope to find within the job you are interested in. Very few locations have an interview.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Houston in January 2014.

Interview

it is not good. they ask some normal questions. And I give the answer. But they turn out to do not like that one. so they change the topic and ask another question. I try to answer them again. But they still not like that topic.

Interview Questions

• so they change the topic and ask another question. I try to answer them again. But they still not like that topic.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

They brought in three people to interview me. They had three very diverse personalities. One was generally smiling and laughing with me. The second was kind of neutral but didn't seem particularly interested in me or being there. The third was totally negative and seemed to be in a bad mood.

Interview Questions

• They ask the "biggest weakness" question, which I always think is a pretty silly question. You want to plead the fifth.   Answer Question

Conntent Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Houston (Mumbai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy it almost went for 3 days,They have almost looking for communication skills as well as preentation skills. also they are looking for interpersonal skills.The interview has been taken by 5 panel members.